“Love it!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I love Sabaku! The food is amazing, the staff is friendly, and the space is fancy (for Moab!). It does get crowded- so try to get there right at opening or later in the evening. I love the attention to detail at this place!

• Visited August 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Go for Happy Hour”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We went for happy hour and the prices were pretty decent. The sushi rolls were pretty good considering you are in Moab. We also had the agedashi tofu. Although not the best we've had, it was good. Pretty good value for your money.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Sushi in the Desert?”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

It is true, you can find amazing sushi in the desert. The same high quality fish we get in the big city is flown into Moab daily. And the great people at Sabaku transform it into wonderful rolls or allow you to enjoy it as sashimi. I have been several times since the restaurant opened and have always enjoyed the atmosphere, service and, of course, incredible food. Many friends have questioned my choice of getting sushi in the desert but have left believers. I now have my favorites but always leave room for the chefs to include something of their choice and have never been let down. Definitely worth a visit.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Love Sabaku!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We love Sabaku! This is a great sophisticated surprise in this sleepy town. We make sure to visit every time we are in Moab. We always sit at the bar and enjoy the great conversation with chefs and staff. Try the Fiery Furnace, Sandstone Crunch and Tekka Maki with avocado. Definitely don't skip dessert and get the Dessert Roll! You won't be disappointed.

“Great Sushi in Moab?”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Yep you can find that here. The fish is flown in fresh daily! We had some rolls to start off with which were fantastic! Sabaku offers some hot plates so I had the Udon Noodles dish while my husband ordered the Seared Salmon. Both of these plates were delicious and we ordered more sushi rolls to accompany dinner.

My only complaint is the sushi was a little pricier then I'm used to paying at similar sushi joints at home. They do offer a happy hour from 5PM-6PM on Tuesday-Thursday where they have half price sushi. We didn't make it there for this since we were there on a Friday. Our server told us the happy hour is very popular and if you want to a seat you have to be there right at 5PM because they fill up quickly!