“Best dining in two weeks”
Review of Sabaku Sushi

Sabaku Sushi
Ranked #22 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Iowa City
“Best dining in two weeks”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Some of the best sushi I've ever had. Tryed some new dishes-awesome! The staff was outstanding. Not a fancy place and hard to see from Main St. One block east on Center St. from Main. Next to a Thai food/Barber shop.

Visited September 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
south east wisconsin
“Quality sushi with a few southwestern twists”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The quality of everything we tried was wonderful. We had 6 different rolls that were all good with the rainbow being our favorite. They serve an elk sushi plate that is really good with 15 or 20 shaved quarter sized slices of elk, remeniscent of carpacio, along with dressed greens. Our server was very helpful and fun. Definitly try to hit happy hour from 5 to 6 for the half price menu, or it does get a little pricey if you try as many things as we did along with a bottle of wine.

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good, But I'm Not Getting the Hype”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Pros: Great happy hour, with a good variety of negiri and rolls at a discount. Helpful, attentive staff, and a seeming locals' hot spot. Sushi chefs were engaging and passionate about what they do. Quality sushi, maybe a bit surprising, as others have mentioned, to find on a side street in Moab.

Cons: I was more excited about what the menu said about a few of the rolls, than about actually eating the same rolls themselves. Many simply tasted average to me, and a little similar, which generally is good enough. Reading some of the reviews just made me expect to be blown away, and I wasn't. Perhaps a bit more variety with flavor and texture, if possible.

Overall, I'd go for sushi here again, just with expectations a little more tempered. Written from the perspective of a non-connoisseur, but someone who has eaten a good amount of sushi in a lot of corners of the country.

San Francisco, California
“Freshness in the desert!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Sabaku was a short walk from my hotel and after a long day out in the parks I decided to give this place a try. Coming from San Francisco and being the desert I was a bit skeptical but the other reviews on here said otherwise so I gave it a whirl.

First off, the Cactus Bloom cocktail was well made and refreshing, highly recommend that -- I can only imagine what it'd taste like if the liquor laws were a bit less strict.

The sushi was great, I had some sashimi, a rainbow roll, and the Delicate Arch. Everything was fresh and flavorful, I was very impressed. The presentation on the Delicate Arch was very cute well executed. If you're craving sushi in the desert head to Sabaku!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“An unexpected food sensation”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I have just arrived back from a wonderful taste sensation and attentive customer service at Sabuka Sushi. We had tried to eat at the #1 place on TripAdvisor only to find they had sold out and closed up shop by 5.30pm so we had to look elsewhere. Thank goodness. From the moment we arrived we were greeted warmly and shown the seats we requested at the bar so we could see the chefs prepare the dishes.

Wow, wow and wow. Each dish was fabulous and yes, like other reviewers have said - so fresh! If you love sushi, sashimi and some surprises in your food I can't recommend Sabuka Sushi highly enough but not just for their food but for the fantastic wait staff as well. Thank you for a memorable evening (on my birthday :)