“Entrajo Canyon - Canyoneering”

Moab Desert Adventures
Ranked #16 of 65 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided by passion, we offer private rock climbing and canyoneering trips in some of the world's most unique locations. From desert towers to canyoneering with the family, we can take you where you want to go!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Incredible trip! I booked my trip with Emma who was very helpful recommending the best trip for what I was looking for.

We had a great group and our guides Larry and Jay were very professional, fun, and knowledgeable about the local geography plants and animals. I got everything I wanted out of this trip... fun rappels, beautiful scenery, and navigated narrow slots through water. Must do if you are in Moab looking for a great adventure!

1  Thank Beau M

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I've done a little climbing, but mostly top-rope and bouldering. I was excited to do canyoneering having seen it advertised in so many places. I wasn't nervous, but if you are, don't be! Our guide Jim did an incredible job making us feel safe. He explained the benefits of using different holds and knots and really made an effort to teach us rather than just doing it. He's also a displaced [--] like me, so we had that in common as well. There's something to be said to repel off of a huge cliff (3 times on Hidden Splendor) and feel completely safe. If you are in Moab, do this!! And use these guys. What are you waiting for?!?

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to visit Utah to do some hiking, climbing and canyoneering in Zion, Bryce and Moab the week before we had to be in Vegas for the EMC Conference. Moab was at the tail-end of our trip and we had just gone through a pretty taxing rental car issue when we arrived in town.. so needless to say we were seeking an escape from the stress.

We found the town really lovely (and populated! as opposed to the areas surrounding Zion and Bryce) so we were looking forward to meeting up with MDA for a climb up Looking Glass. We arrived in the early AM and were immediately introduced to Larry, manager of operations and an accomplished adventure guide for the company.

For a guy in his 40s, we were both surprised at how young and energetic Larry is. He welcomed us to town, had us fitted for our climbing shoes and within minutes we were on our way to Looking Glass (with a pit stop over at the local coffee truck of course; Larry sure does enjoy his Americanos!). Larry was just a fantastic guy all around.. he was polite, he was funny, he kept us engaged through the whole experience and even was bit of a tour guide for us both to and from our destination so we could get a good sense of what Moab had to offer.

Looking Glass itself was a phenomenal experience. I'm a first-time climber and my girlfriend had some experience under her belt, but we are both pretty fit and Larry briefed us on exactly what the demands were for the climb and what we were to expect. It was an unbelievably windy day (and to top it off, the sun wasn't out) but this didn't detract from the experience. After a crash course in harnessing/belaying and the ensuing climb, it didn't take us more than an hour to summit. Once there, we decided to hang out for a bit to take some photos and eat a snack. Afterwards, we rappelled down one of the voids and back down, which in of itself was breathtaking!

Larry was a gem when it came to taking photos, even helping us by taking photos with his phone both during and after the climb when we were unable to! Once we got back to ground level, we quickly packed our gear, checked out some rattlesnakes that were hanging about nearby (which I found pretty cool because I had never seen one up close!) and then we were on our way back. We took the scenic drive and Larry was kind enough to show us different sites along the way.

The experience overall was precisely what we needed AND wanted! If our experience alone was any indication, neither my girlfriend nor myself would hesitate to book another tour with Larry at MDA! He's the best, and his team are the best. They know what they're doing, they'll take care of you and will make sure your experience is unforgettable! Be sure to follow Larry on Instagram for some amazing photos of the type of adventures they offer at MDA: Larry_Harpe

Thanks Larry!!

PS - If you want to earn some bonus points with Larry, buy him a tall Americano over at Brewed Awakenings!

1  Thank Amit O
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Ok you are dropping over a cliff. You want to trust the people. The guides have been doing this for a long time. The take Safety Serious and happy to reinforce your confidence. They are laid back and love hanging out on a mountain sharing stories and making you feel great about dropping over a 100 foot cliff.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had an awesome experience climbing Looking Glass. Our guide Justin was friendly and helpful in guiding us through the climb and rappel. We're beginner climbers and he made us feel safe and taught us key climbing techniques along the way. This was our second experience with Moab Desert Adventures - we did Morning Glory a couple of years ago and that was awesome as well. We will definitely plan another trip with them on our next visit to Moab.