“A gay Moab adventure!”

Moab Desert Adventures
Ranked #14 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided by passion, we offer private rock climbing and canyoneering trips in some of the world's most unique locations. From desert towers to canyoneering with the family, we can take you where you want to go!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gay Moab adventure!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My friend won a rappelling trip at the Moab Pride Festival with Moab Desert Adventures. We rappelled Hidden Spledor with Larry as our guide, and we had an AMAZING time! He was incredibly laid back and friendly and very knowledgable about climbing. I would recommend this canyoneering company to anyone coming through Moab! And they get another plus for supporting the Moab Pride Festival!

Houston, Texas
“Awesome rock climbing experience!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I climbed Ancient Art with Larry and had such a great time. Larry was the best. He was very safety conscious, but still made me feel like I was doing everything on my own. This was my first multi-pitch climb and it couldn’t have gone smoother. I felt like I was in great hands and really feel like I learned a lot. Even though it was an organized trip, I felt like I was out climbing with a friend. I couldn’t recommend this company more. I will absolutely plan a trip with them again.

Visited November 2012
San Diego
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Flexible scheduling and group size - great for newbies too”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Checked companies on tripadvisor and one required a group size of 3 or you had to pay for the 3rd person (and it's just the 2 of us) or they would offer you a refund - meaning they won't go unless there are at least 3. We decided to go with MDA because they were the most flexible about scheduling and catered to small groups. After we got to Moab and saw the latest weather report (cold front moving in the day we wanted to go out) they didn't have any problem moving the time out so it wouldn't be freezing when we started.

Justin was our guide and you couldn't ask for a calmer, more mellow person. Never done canyoneering/rappelling so we chose the Morning Glory trip. Justin was very patient and calmly attempted to correct our technique and gauged our comfort level for alternate routes. Always felt safe. In the attached photo, you can see Justin's face as he watches/instructs as my wife starts her descent.

Visited October 2012
Great Falls, Montana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Did a day of wall climbing, one day of canyoneering and my husband did the summit of Ancient Art with these guys. It was an amazing experience and Larry was a great guide. We always felt safe and comfortable. I would definitely plan a trip with them again and will recommend them to anyone going to the Moab area. Thanks again!

Visited October 2012
“Great experience, awesome guides”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I took the splitter camp to get an intro to Indian Creek and to improve our crack climbing technique. The camp exceeded our expectations in every regard. We learned a lot and gots lots of opportunity to practice. Jim Donini has a lifetime of climbing experience to share and is never short of a good story. Zack Smith is an extremely talented climber and a joy to watch. Both guides were very knowledgeable, gave lots of practical advice and were a true pleasure to hang out with. I would recommend this camp to anyone who already has some basic crack climbing technique and is looking to take it to the next level.