Stayed only 1 night in Kenzie's Cottage. Opted to stay based on prior reviews, bug-free, own another property and support of friends in business together. Had a difficult time finding but I should have checked the website prior to leaving. (We should have known better when we asked a cop about the place and he laughed and said good luck.) The cabins and property were lovely. You are welcome to the herbs and tomatoes. They also have roses, lavender and other nice landscaping making the property seem bigger and private. Decor was nice, very potterybarn(ish) rather than authentic. Bedroom and bathroom were small but shower was big (rainshower head). Cottage was clean.
When we arrived, there was no electricity. (They leave the keys in a lockbox for you, convenient for late travelers but an issue if you need to speak with someone) We left a message for them but found the fuse box ourselves. Called them back to let them know. We did not ask for them to call us back but it would have added a lot of value if they had simply called to appologize or just to make sure everything else was ok. As a result, had to run to the store and get ice for my mother's medicine since the frig was too hot. Expect a list of instructions when you get there for cleaning, how to use amenities and do not call them about cable. While you still need to clean the frig, counters and dishes, the good news is you no longer have to strip the bed of the linens and an envelope is conveniently left so you can tip those that cleaned the rest up. They have DirectTV but no instructions or channel guide - I do not have DirectTV so when it went out, we just left it off. They provide a 1800 for DirectTV in anticipation of the problems and are very clear about not contacting them about it. (They may want to move the cable box so the remote can be used and TV is not blocking.) Although they provided coffee, cream and english muffins, we did not get the opportunity to enjoy due to fear of spoilage and lack of knowledge to operate a french press coffee machine. A bar, Rio, is a block, away so at night you hear the music outside but not in the cottage. There is also a cat there - I love animals, even had the cat from another lodge sleep with me, BUT this cat followed me around meowing the whole time (it was quiet only when you pet it). When I ignored it, it would keep blocking my path laying down for a belly rub like a dog as well as climbing all over the vehicle. The people next to us smoked so the lovely unexpected deck for the Kenzie's cottage went unused. We never met or spoke with the owners.
I got the feeling this was more of an investement for them rather than a passion (and talent) for being cottage/lodging owners. They try on the little things, the garden is lovely but it is more a a self-catering cottage lacking in service. (Granted we only stayed for 1 night but maybe that was what they were thinking too!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 Dogs & a Moose Cottages provide charm, style and comfort both inside and out. Colorful welcoming tones and a blend of vintage and contemporary furnishings give our cottages warmth and personality. Enjoy the beautiful gardens, shade trees and patios for morning coffee or evening libations. Relax in the hammock or soak in the hot tub after exploring Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Our downtown location couldn't be more convenient. Restaurants and shops are just a few blocks away. Ride your bike to Moab's famous Slickrock Trail. Walk to town for an enjoyable evening out, or better yet, stay in for a home-cooked meal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your 3 Dogs & A Moose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 3 Dogs & a Moose Hotel Moab
- 3 Dogs And a Moose
- 3 Dogs & A Moose Moab, Utah