“rock climbing”

Moab Cliffs and Canyons
Ranked #25 of 70 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock Climbing & Canyoneering Adventures for beginners and experienced climbers alike. Fun for young children and adults. Most of our adventures require no previous experience to enjoy! Canyoneering uses specialized equipment and techniques, including rappelling, to negotiate wet and dry canyons of varying difficulties. All trips have an important educational component to promote a deeper appreciation for our natural landscape. We are Moab’s oldest and most experienced climbing and canyoneering guide service. Half, full, and multi-day trips. Visit our website for more information on all our rock climbing and canyoneering adventures. Check us out on Facebook to see more photos of our adventures!
Reviewed July 8, 2017

Signed up for the morning rock climb with my 10 year old son. We had a blast. The guide was really helpful. Definitely was aware of and reminding us of all safety elements. Went to ice cream parlor which gets nice shade in the morning - and it was a super hot day yet we were fine. Other groups were there as well (they all go there) but we got plenty of climbing in and got to different ropes. They also had everything we needed. Great trip and very fun.

All reviews
"multi pitch"
in 4 reviews
"comfort zone"
in 7 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"half day trip"

Reviewed July 5, 2017

The half-day trip was awesome; Heather was the perfect guide, knowledgeable and encouraging for the first time rappelling. It was a hot day but after a few minutes of hiking we were down in the canyon and it was comfortable the rest of the way out.

Reviewed July 4, 2017

We were a group of 14, ranging in age from 10-50, and all had a fantastic time canyoneering in Chamisa Canyon with excellent guides Mark and Chris. Both these guys were very knowledgeable and skilled climbers, but also intelligent, interesting, and with several college degrees each. The variety and pace of the day was perfect, and the sandwiches were yummy. Booking was easy, and the office staff were very helpful when we were trying to choose the right canyoneering trip option. To be honest, the whole group found this day much more fun than a day of white-water rafting!

Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing family experience in Moab at the little Sinbad canyon. We took our 2 girls aged 8 and 14. They absolutely loved this experience.

The canyon is amazing and our guide Adam was wonderful. When you hang by a rope, it is important to trust your guide and we had not hesitation with Adam.

We would recommend this experience to everybody as this is very unique to moab.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2017

This was an excellent activity. I went rock climbing with my kids, ages 17 and 15. None of us had ever climbed before. We loved it! My daughter was a bit nervous on the first climb, but the guides did a great job encouraging her. By the second climb she was so confident and not at all nervous! I am 51 and wasn't sure about even trying this. I had a great time and would go again. I appreciated how much we learned: how to tie the knots, how to belay and all the safety requirements. The guides did a great job with the group of beginners. I have absolutely no complaints about the guides and I would highly recommend Moab Cliffs and Canyons.

My only complaint is that it was 95 degrees and most of the water they provided was warm. There was one cold water bottle per person. I felt the price should have included a cooler, with ice and lots of cold water; this is a "cost of doing business" in Moab during the summer.