“A Liefelong Thrilling Memory for All Ages”

Moab Cliffs and Canyons
Ranked #16 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Rock Climbing & Canyoneering Adventures for beginners and experienced climbers alike. Fun for young children and adults. Most of our adventures require no previous experience to enjoy! Canyoneering uses specialized equipment and techniques, including rappelling, to negotiate wet and dry canyons of varying difficulties. All trips have an important educational component to promote a deeper appreciation for our natural landscape. We are Moab’s oldest and most experienced climbing and canyoneering guide service. Half, full, and multi-day trips. Visit our website for more information on all our rock climbing and canyoneering adventures. Check us out on Facebook to see more photos of our adventures!
Davidsonville, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Liefelong Thrilling Memory for All Ages”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited 8 National Parks on this trip and rappelling in Moab was a definite highlight, maybe even the #1 highlight of all the fantastic things we did and saw. My wife and four sons (including a 10 year old) all had a great time. The hike in was easy, the rappelling was thrilling, and this adventure has become a lifelong memory for all 6 of us. Seeing the arches in the park is awe inspiring…but actually rapelling down the arches is mind boggling. The day starts early followed by an easy hike to the 1st rappel. The guides provide insight and knowledge on the local geology that we otherwise would not have gotten. For 1st time rapellers (myself, my wife, and my 10 year old), the 1st steps are a mixture of fear and excitement, but the guides make it so easy. By time we were done with the 1st rappel, we couldn’t wait for the second one, which was even more thrilling and rewarding. The second rappel is followed by a 2 mile easy hike out of the canyon which provided views and perspectives that cannot be gained from roadside overlooks. We are so, so, so glad we chose to do this, and Cliffs & Canyons staff were superb.

2 Thank Ken B
Emily K, Front Office Manager at Moab Cliffs and Canyons, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We are so glad you and your family were able to enjoy all the beauty our Ephedra's Grotto canyoneering trip has to offer! Thank you for joining us - come visit again soon!

Laguna Hills, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Not a Place to Cut Corners”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My son and I wanted to climb the Stolen Chimney route on Ancient Art (the climb featured on the Citibank commercial). It is a challenging climb and a stretch for me. And the climb is not without risk (a woman fell four months before and was airlifted out). When you are putting your life in the hands of a guide you have known for 20 minutes, you want to make good choices. Moab C&C came well-recommended by another guide I had used in Zion a couple of years ago. It was a great choice. From the first phone call with Emily (who is a climbing guide) to the discussion of the right climb with Brett, to the actual climb with guide Gaar, all of our interactions were positive and reassuring.

And the climb was absolutely breathtaking (especially when I started the Sidewalk). Their prices are reasonable, Gaar's skills were evident, he was willing to explain and share about the climb and other Moab-info (we found a great place to swim and a couple of terrific places to eat) and he has the credentials for first aid and rescue that give you confidence.

I highly recommend Moab C&C and Gaar in particular.

1 Thank Mark S
Newport Beach, California
“Our Guides Rock!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Took two teen boys rock climbing after 4 day Cataract rafting, and had a wonderful time. Our guides Chris and Heather are top-notch, professional and have nice sense of humor. We have never climbed rocks before. My teen boys were able to climb like monkeys although I still need a lot of work. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
Emily K, Front Office Manager at Moab Cliffs and Canyons, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your day of rock climbing with us! Hope to see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 138 helpful votes
“It brought out the Laura Croft in me!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a fabulous adventure!
Canyoneering in Moab landscapes that were both magical and magnificent, with our guides/teachers Heather and Aaron, was both challenging and exhilarating.
Rappelling down vast red sandstone rock faces, swinging from a rope beneath massive sandstone arches, bouncing the walls of narrow crevaces...this 52 year old grandmother is hooked! Give me more!
And with all the emphasis on adrenaline, did I mention the awesome landscape. The 2 mile sunset hike out of the stunningly beautiful canyon, following a most picturesque little river, with ever-blackening storm skies gathering momentum right before us.
Perfection.

Visited July 2012
Emily K, Front Office Manager at Moab Cliffs and Canyons, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Fantastic! We are so glad you enjoyed your trip with us. Visit us again soon - we would love to take you out on another adventure.
Fishkill, New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great family adventure”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Joe took my wife and 2 kids out for mountain climbing. He did a great job setting up and explaining how to climb to a bunch of novices. We enjoyed it and had a great time. My son really enjoyed climbing the rocks. This is a must do if you visit Moab and want to try some adventure that is totally safe. Great job joe.

We accidentally left our cameras in the gear bags and forgot them. Joe brought them to our hotel. Thanks joe.

Visited July 2012
Emily K, Front Office Manager at Moab Cliffs and Canyons, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Glad that you had an excellent time! We hope to see you back here some time.