“Great dinner with a great view”

The River Grill at Sorrel River Ranch
Reserve with OpenTable
The River Grill at Sorrel River Ranch is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 83 Restaurants in Moab
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We went to the restaurants for breakfast and dinner. I was hesitant to go when I read the review on the Trip Advisor, but was actually surprised when the food was good. Again, the price point was expensive, but when I go to a 4 Star resort, that is what I expect. Our server for dinner was a nice young blonde girl who explained the menu to us, was super attentive, and had a bunch of great suggestions. The chef sent us out a little complimentary bite to eat, I had the steak and my wife had the trout. Both were hot and well prepared, not over the top, but still good. We finished the dinner with a cobbler and ice cream. Our waitress told us that most of the vegetables came from the garden and the meat was all local. It was a nice touch. One thing we noticed is that the gratuity is added to the bills. Watch out so you don't double tip.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Given that this is supposed to be the best hotel in Moab, we were expecting great things. We had asked when making our reservation if we could be seated on the balcony overlooking the Colarado River and were told that it was first come, first served. When we arrived in the evening, we were the only people in the restaurant so we didn't exactly have to fight for our balcony seats. Our waitress was friendly enough but the food, given that the restaurant is selling at top notch prices and the chef is billed as being an Executive Chef, was quite frankly disappointing. My husband's food was sent back because it was cold (even though we were the only people in the restaurant) and the rest of the meal was lacking in any inventiveness. Despite sending back the food, we were charged the whole amount and had the gratuity automatically added to our bill. Wouldn't eat there again. It's a shame as it is a lovely setting and they could really do so much more.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Heard good things about this place so we made it a point to stop. The scenery is beautiful, right on the Colorado river. The food is average. I do have a complaint about the automatic gratuity added to every bill. Tom was our server and one of the most unfriendly servers we have ever met. No smile or welcome just a what can I get you. Service should be rewarded and with automatic gratuity staff don't have to try.Will not return or recommend to anyone.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

It's unfortunate that the service was so poor because I really wanted to like this place. It's one of the finer places to dine in the Moab area. A peaceful patio that over looks the Colorado River. An upscale resort with upscale dinner prices. But the service was horrible. it took almost 15 minutes for someone to even acknowledge us after we were seated. Slow to bring drink and to take our order. The food was over priced for what you get. Go here for an appetizer, take some pictures and find another place for dinner.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We ate dinner here three nights in May, and have no complaints about the Quality of the food. However, the prices are beyond belief. The wine list has $15 bottles of wine for $50, and the meal quickly becomes a $100+ per person adventure. Hey, guys, this ain't Manhattan. The hotel is also quite nice but very expensive.

Been to The River Grill at Sorrel River Ranch? Share your experiences!