“Average at best”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I got excited when I saw the menu because I love crepes. There were four people in our party. Two ordered together and two of us ordered separately. The party of two ordered breakfast tacos and they were nothing special. The other single ordered two fruit crepes, one banana and one strawberry, and that was all there was to it. A crepe with a banana cut up, and a crepe with a strawberry cut up...pretty bland. They way I know it was bland is because I tasted it after my order was never delivered. I even waited at the counter eagerly expecting my Sausage Florentine Crepe to be prepared and set on the counter. It was never cooked. When the cashier finally noticed my patience and checked with the cook, he gave a shrug and rolled his eyes. When I saw that he could care less about preparing my meal, I asked for my money back. No desire on my part or my friends to go back with so many other choices in Moab.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I usually like this place but they weren't open. Weird because I thought they opened to serve coffee? I don't know if they've moved more toward lunch---or if it had to do with the "now hiring" sign on the window?

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I got a veggie burger there with mushrooms, and it was amazing. I heard their ice cream is decent, but I didn't have enough room to eat more. Their house-made chips were the best part for me.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We walked right up Tuesday Morning before our Moab Departure, just as they opened at 8:00. (I thought they'd be open earlier given that they are a breakfast joint, but no worries from our end as it worked for us).

They menu was varied enough to suit our families tastes - a fresh waffle w/fruit for the five year old, a breakfast burrito for the husband and I had a bagel with lox/fixins'. Everything was extremely fresh tasting and cooked to order. No complaints.

Service was very friendly, and free tops off on the coffee before we hit the road.

Remember if you are tipping that you'll be called for you food - its not going to be brought to you, & self clean up - so a tip is appropriate, but a full 20% - probably not. I didn't realize this, but was happy to give back anyway as we really liked the meal.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch as the sign at Eddie Mcstiffs told us. It has a very bohemian feel (ie-service was...relaxed). But we had a great lunch and the feel was chill. Very Moab.

Thank D.r. M

Been to Wake & Bake Cafe? Share your experiences!