“Experience Of A Lifetime”

Canyonlands Ballooning
Ranked #16 of 67 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: For THE adventure of a lifetime, come join your professional FAA pilot Lou Bartell for a hot air balloon ride over the Canyonlands in Moab, Utah. Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The fragile sandstone of Arches National Park and precarious rock towers drift past, each one defying gravity with you. Your trip to Moab would not be complete without flying with us on this unique and unforgettable balloon adventure. The whole family is welcome. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity... in the safety of the latest "state of the art" equipment. No two flights are ever the same. Most guests, ranging in ages from from 95 to 5, tell us it's their most memorable event of their vacation. Come fly with us at Canyonlands Ballooning for your hot air balloon adventure.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Today I took my first ballon trip, I was a bit apprehensive and worried due to a slight fear of heights I have. The meet up point was very convenient with access to a port a potty prior to climbing into the van that brings you to the balloon launch site, the van driver(ugh can't remember his name) has an amazing live love life, play and be happy attitude which sets the tone for the whole experience. It was interesting to watch the crew set up and inflate the balloon, it was like watching a well orchestrated band with the owner/pilot Lou the conductor. The lift was heart thumping but once I was high in the sky I was able to get over my fears and enjoy the beautiful serene landscape. I spotted a few rabbits, lizards and small desert rodents. We were at the mercy of Mother Nature and she had her own plans for us in the manner of the wind, Lou our trusty captain was able to sail us to a soft sandy bank to land after a few attempts. I always felt safe. I had an amazing time and didn't mind spending the extra cash on an activity that was truly a once in a lifetime experience.

3  Thank darbaby1011
in 26 reviews
"afraid of heights"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This was an experience-of-a-lifetime. It was on my life list, though I put it off because I have a fear of heights and a bit of a fear of flying. BUT I WAS NOT SCARED IN THE LEAST. Lou was our pilot and I trusted him immediately. This experience is not to be missed.

3  Thank AdventurerWithDogs
Reviewed October 30, 2013

First time for my family (me, the wife and two kids) in a hot air balloon and we absolutely loved it. Ballooning is a great experience by itself, but then add the truly remarkable and stunning scenery and you have the ingredients for a lifetime memory. Lou and the crew were great. We had beautiful clear skies on a cool early October morning. As a bonus, our trip may have been a little longer than average (about an hour and forty five minute flight). Ground crew was already there and met us with celebratory Champagne. Just do this trip, I'm glad we did.

3  Thank Dalavil
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was my first time in a hot air balloon and I loved it. It's a wonderful feeling, floating serenely above the most breathtaking scenery one can imagine. Truly amazing.

1  Thank La_Butte