“Dream come true”

Canyonlands Ballooning
Ranked #9 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: For THE adventure of a lifetime, come join your professional FAA pilot Lou Bartell for a hot air balloon ride over the Canyonlands in Moab, Utah. Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The fragile sandstone of Arches National Park and precarious rock towers drift past, each one defying gravity with you. Your trip to Moab would not be complete without flying with us on this unique and unforgettable balloon adventure. The whole family is welcome. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity... in the safety of the latest "state of the art" equipment. No two flights are ever the same. Most guests, ranging in ages from from 95 to 5, tell us it's their most memorable event of their vacation. Come fly with us at Canyonlands Ballooning for your hot air balloon adventure.
Honolulu, Hawaii
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 168 helpful votes
“Dream come true”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've done a lot of fantastic things in my life, but until recently I had never taken a hot air balloon ride - even though it was something I have ALWAYS wanted to do. After all the anticipation, I was afraid that I might be underwhelmed once I finally got to float above the land. Far from it! The hot air balloon ride with Canyonlands Ballooning was everything I could have hoped for!!! Lou is an excellent pilot and host, and all of the support staff is very helpful, friendly, and skilled too. Not only are all of the people involved top-notch, but the landscape is absolutely breathtaking. I am so glad that my first hot air balloon experience was in Moab, UT with Canyonlands Ballooning. Thank you for the wonderful experience! To anyone considering booking this trip: stop thinking about it and book it now!!!

10 Thank PERIPATETIC N

Southeastern area of PA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome experience, excellent pilot”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I had never been up in a balloon, and what a memorable experience I had! Lou should be called "the happy pilot"; he clearly loves his job and his enthusiasm is infectious. We were fortunate to be able to fly directly over Arches National Park, on a day when the park was "closed". So we were the only people legally "in" the park. The ride was smooth and calm and so beautiful.

The next time that I am in Moab, I will definitely go on another trip with Canyonlands Ballooning.

Callander, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“You just have to do this with Canyonlands Ballooning”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Great experience - professional team, up to date equipment and just the greatest scenery you can imagine. Canyonlands Ballooning makes you feel relaxed and safe: You really can enjoy the whole experience with a great, knowledgeable pilot. The scenery is just breathtaking and all that guides you is the wind. Had such a great, peaceful time over Canyonlands, Arches and area that morning ..... to bad if you where not there too

Visited September 2013
Kennett Square, PA
“Ballooning over Arches National Park”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

What an unmatchable experience! Arches National Park was closed to all but our Canyonlands Balloon, a hawk, a golden eagle and four deer. There were twelve of us piloted @ 5800 feet above sea level by Lou Bartell whose skill and knowledge were remarkable. We saw far more arches than any typical hiker would enjoy, and we even saw one that Lou had never before discovered. Ballooning has been on my bucket list for eons, so the total feeling was overwhelming. I can only describe the feeling as similar to floating in the ocean. The landing was perfect, the post trip verse beautiful, the champagne lovely at 10:15 in the morning and celebrating two fellow passengers' engagement on the spot was the icing on an already delicious cake.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful Canyonlands Ballooning”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was a fabulous experience. The serenity, the beautiful landscape and the professionalism combined perfectly. Lou gave us a load of information. A highlight of our US holiday.