“Best Day of My LIFE!”

Canyonlands Ballooning
Ranked #9 of 61 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: For THE adventure of a lifetime, come join your professional FAA pilot Lou Bartell for a hot air balloon ride over the Canyonlands in Moab, Utah. Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The fragile sandstone of Arches National Park and precarious rock towers drift past, each one defying gravity with you. Your trip to Moab would not be complete without flying with us on this unique and unforgettable balloon adventure. The whole family is welcome. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity... in the safety of the latest "state of the art" equipment. No two flights are ever the same. Most guests, ranging in ages from from 95 to 5, tell us it's their most memorable event of their vacation. Come fly with us at Canyonlands Ballooning for your hot air balloon adventure.
Moab, Utah, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Day of My LIFE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

April 21 my honey and I got married up in the hot air balloon. Lou married us and piloted the balloon with ease. It was mellow, fun and exciting! there was 16 of us in all, including Lou. So it was an intimate and memorable. I would do it again in a heartbeat and soo would my honey bun. hahahaha I would recommend going up in a hot air balloon if you never have and love heights and adventure. I have to say my 4,000ft bouquet toss was thrilling to watch. I wish I had all the money in the world to keep going for balloon rides and take all my friends. It is a fabulous way to spend your day.

1 Thank Tess W

Williamstown, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hard to Beat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had a great trip! Lou's enthusiasm for ballooning and the landscape of the Moab area is infectious--he obviously loves what he does--and it is clear that he is incredibly competent and knowledgeable, too. He stresses that the flight goes where the wind blows, which is beyond human control, but on our trip in mid-April, the winds were blowing in different directions at different elevations, and he used this to allow us to travel first West, then East, over a portion of Arches National Park, so we say two different areas. The trip was nearly 2 hours long, longer than the typical flight, just because the sightseeing possibilities were so great that day and we were all having such a good time. Lou even managed an elaborate maneuver so that we got a close-up (*very* close) view of Tower Arch. Pretty great!

One practical note: if you decide to do this, follow Canyonlands Ballooning's advice and book your flight on the earlier end of your visit to Moab. That way, if weather cancels your trip, you have a chance to reschedule. Our scheduled flight this past Wednesday was cancelled due to a storm, but we were offered the chance to fly on Friday. We're glad we were able to take advantage of that. It was a glorious morning.

Casper, Wyoming, United States
“Spring Ballooning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We visited Moab during the first week of March and ballooning was one of the activities we chose to do. It was a great experience with great people. Safety was of their utmost concern because we actually had to reschedule for the next day due to unsafe weather conditions and this was greatly appreciated. This was a bucket list item for my husband and I; it was everything we thought it would be and more. We would highly recommend this experience!

Visited March 2013
“Excellent ballooning for all ages!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

My family had a reunion we aged 9-89 and while the olders wanted to skydive we felt it was time to find something exhilarating for all. Canyonlands Ballooning is IT! From reservations, first contact, all the way through, every employee is kind and knowledgable, and friendly. We not only had a great service experience but what a ride! My 9 year old was so scared and Luke the pilot really went out of his way to make her feel safe and special. Highly reccomend, well worth the price, wish it could have lasted longer! AMAZING!!!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ballooning fun...but is it worth the cost?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited Moab during spring break the first week of April. We chose the balloon ride because of all the remarkable reviews and because it is the #1 attraction in Moab even though it was really expensive. Now that I've done it and several other attractions I am surprised this is ranked #1. I think there are other attractions that are far more economical and more enjoyable, though we thoroughly did enjoy the balloon ride. This was our first time ballooning and I am glad we had the experience. The weather was great and we had the opportunity to balloon right over Arches National Park. We enjoyed the experience. The landing was a little difficult in that it was hard for the balloonist to find a suitable landing area and we landed in a little of a remote area. I always felt that we were safe and I believe the pilot was experienced and that there was no danger. He is a very pleasant man. We did not get the champagne toast and we had to hike out of the remote area for about a half mile so a 4 X 4 could pick us up. This was no problem for me as I love hiking, I just was not expecting this. We also did not receive the champagne toast I think because of the difficult landing. We really enjoyed this excursion, however it is also very pricey and I have taken many tours in Moab that give you more bang for your buck and are just as fun if not more. If ballooning is something you want to do for the experience then it may be worth it. Now that I've done it I won't do it again, but I'm glad I had the experience. Arches was interesting in the air but much more beautiful on land.

3 Thank 1travelnchick