“Inspiring”

Canyonlands Ballooning
Ranked #7 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: For THE adventure of a lifetime, come join your professional FAA pilot Lou Bartell for a hot air balloon ride over the Canyonlands in Moab, Utah. Imagine ascending to greet the sunrise as you drift among geologic wonders that were being created when dinosaurs roamed the earth. The fragile sandstone of Arches National Park and precarious rock towers drift past, each one defying gravity with you. Your trip to Moab would not be complete without flying with us on this unique and unforgettable balloon adventure. The whole family is welcome. Enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity... in the safety of the latest "state of the art" equipment. No two flights are ever the same. Most guests, ranging in ages from from 95 to 5, tell us it's their most memorable event of their vacation. Come fly with us at Canyonlands Ballooning for your hot air balloon adventure.
Laurel, Maryland
“Inspiring”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We flew on Oct 8, 2012 with Lou and a great bunch of folks. I'm not afraid of heights, but you could say that I'm out of my comfort zone. The wife was planning our vacation to Moab and found Canyonland Ballooning. I knew from the look in her eye that I would have to suck it up and do this. I'm thankful I caved on this idea! I really liked the shadows from the early sun on the formations. The highlight was when the newlyweds spotted a big horn running full speed. These guys cover serious ground. After the landing, we met the rest of the crew and Lou's dog, Lodi. I doubt Lodi has ever met a stranger, as he visited everyone as we sipped our post-flight champagne. Thank you for the experience.

New York City, New York
“Thanks for the Memories!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had a great time with the Canyonlands Ballooning team. They were very insightful, thoughtful, obviously adventurous, and most importantly, a lot of fun. I would highly recommend them to anyone. Lou and his crew of merry men did not disappoint. Thank you all for helping to fulfill a dream of ours. My wife and I enjoyed our time spent with you guys very much.

Lauren & Lenny
NYC

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

It was a great experience. This was our first hot air balloon ride. The staff was very professional and friendly.

We saw spectacular views of Canyonlands NP. After the soft landing, we drank champagne with other passangers and staff. If you are planning a visit to Moab, we recommend to take this hot air balloon ride with Canyonlands Ballooning.

We really enjoyed it and hope to do this again.

Davis, California, United States
“Circular Flight - Arches and Canyonlands!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This was an incredible experience. I brought my 85-year old parents, who had smiles on their faces the entire flight. Lou had a marvelous personality, creatively finding a way to get my parents into the basket before it was tilted upright by the balloon. If you can believe it, we flew in a large 17 mile circle, first west out over the area north of Canyonlands NP, then north, then back east to check out Arches NP. This was followed by a quick U-turn, landing within a few hundred yards of the highway and less then 5 miles from where we launched. Awesome scenery, and so quiet!

Buffalo, New York
“Chalk one off!!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

So far, no bucket list adventure has been fufilled quite as completely as our hot air balloon ride with Canyonlands Ballooning. What a ride!! Captain Lou and the entire ground crew were flawlessly efficient, professional, and friendly. My wife and I were totally enthralled by the flight past towering rock formations and picture perfect landscapes as we skirted the National Park. The chase crew was waiting for us as we made our awesome return to terra firma (and we didn't even have to help load the balloon). By the end of the ride we were part of a happy band of airship comrades raising a toast to Lou as our adrenaline levels returned to normal. Five out of five stars!