Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Rim Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Rim Tours
from $109.00
More Info
from $109.00
More Info
All reviews mountain biking courthouse loop dead horse point single track bike tour rental bikes bikes provided skill level brand trails private tour half day tour biking experience road bike camping gear morning ride experienced riders great ride
Reviewed January 6, 2017

I can't say enough great things about Rim Tours. We contracted with them to do a half day group mountain bike ride at Dead Horse Point State Park the morning of our wedding. We had 17 people in the group, and while a few of us were experienced riders, many of our number had either never been on a mountain bike before or else it had been a few years.

Brooks and Julie did a fantastic job start to finish. They showed up on time, got all the bikes and gear unloaded and assigned, and gathered the group together for a safety meeting. Then we got some basic education on how the bikes worked and tips for riding. They had everyone take a spin around the parking lot to get familiarized with the bikes, and then we were off on the trails. Once we got to the first overlook they took a group photo of all of us together (one of my most cherished photos from my wedding day!) and we split up into two groups - one group of beginner level riders and a second group of more intermediate level riders.

My husband and I each went with a different group but we had the same overall experience. Both guides did a great job of pacing the group along the trail, giving appropriate instructions at the beginning of each section of obstacles, and imbuing all the riders (no matter how inexperienced) with such a feeling of stoke and confidence that every single person pushed their limits and tried things they never envisioned themselves doing on a mountain bike. I'm still getting feedback from our guests on what an amazing time they had.

Thank you, Rim Tours (and especially Brooks and Julie) for helping to make our wedding weekend such an amazing success. The group mountain bike ride was one of my favorite memories from that weekend!

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2017

Nicole, thank you so much for the heartfelt, and very detailed review. I'm going to forward it along to the guides, Brooks and Julie. They will appreciate the feedback. If ever you're in Moab again, we'd love to ride with you. Love your attitude. Best of luck.

Reviewed December 17, 2016

We loved our tour of The Maze with Rim Tours. The guides were terrific as leaders, bike mechanics, phenomenal cooks, and positive demeanors as they lead us through this special corner of the world. We heartily recommend Rim Tours for any cycling adventure!

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Thank you! The Maze is one of the most unique places in the world to ride and camp. And if you loved the Maze, I would also recommend our Arizona Sonoran Desert tour. The saguaros and the Superstition Mountains are enchanting.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

First a big thank you to owner Matt for his flexibility on scheduling an awesome mountain bike ride: Dead Horse Canyon. My guide Brook asked the right questions to assess my skills and my objectives for the ride. I have lots of Mtn bike experience but not an adrenaline junk if you know what I mean. So, we rode Dead Horse canyon trail system and Brook took me on trails with just enough challenge to be fun. Brook also offered awesome riding tips that were very helpful and just plan fun to chat with. Rim Tour is great for all levels up to the Epic Enchiladas! All in all Rim Tour is a class experience! Tom

Date of experience: November 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Tom, thank you so much. Dead Horse is one of our most popular trails for the very reasons you mention - just enough of a challenge to make it interesting, yet still doable for the non-adredaline-junkie.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

My 16 year old son and I did two separate one day tours with Rim Tours - Dead Horse Point and Navajo Rocks. We had a different guide each day, Melissa for day one and Brian for day two. Both were excellent. Not only were they interested in making sure we got the most enjoyment in the ride for our capabilities, they were both extremely knowledgeable about local history, geology, pop culture, biology, and more. It was amazing to ride with them. The rides themselves were incredible, but Rim Tours made sure we had a blast. And the lunch that each guide prepared was over-the-top good!

Date of experience: November 2016

Thanks, Lance. It's great that you mentioned how our guides' knowledge of the natural history added to your experience - it's one of those little extras that make all the difference.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

I’ve been riding for years in the mountains of western NC, thankful for and feeling more than a little spoiled by the glorious conditions we have here. So looking to challenge my skills, I decided to treat myself to a week’s getaway to Moab, what I’ve always felt was a kind of mecca for mountain biking. At first I thought I’d just rent a bike and find some trails to ride on my own, though I quickly realized there’d be a much better way to do this. I had an awesome experience booking full-day rides with Rim Tours. I did three separate consecutive full day rides in different parts of Moab - North Klondike, Navajo Rocks and Dead Horse Point. Having never been out to Moab before, I had no idea of where to go or what to expect. But after talking with staff there about my skill level and what I wanted, they suggested rides that turned out to perfectly fit the bill for me. I especially need to call out Marla, who was my guide for the first and third days. She displayed a consistent sensitivity to the experience we were having and always maintained a delightful, fun-loving spirit. They were always punctual and very well organized, fully prepared for the day’s rides. The rental bikes they supplied were current-year models and very well maintained. By the end of my three days, I was blissfully spent physically, but feeling like I got pretty much the maximum that I could have hoped for from my MTB excursion to Moab. Rim Tours Rocks!

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Jim, thank you, so much. Hopefully, you'll be able to return to Moab to sample even more of the singletrack here.