“Another incredible ride”
Review of Rim Tours

Rim Tours
Ranked #7 of 112 Outdoor Activities in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you like to ride your mountain bike on super sweet trails in some of the most beautiful locations in the western US? Would you like fun, experienced and knowledgeable guides to show you the way on the trail, cook up incredible food at the end of the day, and teach you things you never knew about? You should join us on a Rim Tours Mountain Bike Adventure!Since 1985 Rim Tours has earned our reputation by offering the very best professionally guided mountain bike trips to Utah's Canyon country, Colorado's Rocky Mountains, Arizona's Grand Canyon and Sonoran Desert and Oregon's central Cascade Mountains. Our tours showcase the most beautiful and pristine backcountry locations in the Western United States and our experienced staff will ensure that your time spent with us is a vacation to remember. We have pioneered backcountry biking tours with your safety and enjoyment our highest priority. Our backcountry ethic assures minimal impact from our travels so others may return time and again to unspoiled wilderness.
Reviewed December 17, 2016

We loved our tour of The Maze with Rim Tours. The guides were terrific as leaders, bike mechanics, phenomenal cooks, and positive demeanors as they lead us through this special corner of the world. We heartily recommend Rim Tours for any cycling adventure!

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2016

Thank you! The Maze is one of the most unique places in the world to ride and camp. And if you loved the Maze, I would also recommend our Arizona Sonoran Desert tour. The saguaros and the Superstition Mountains are enchanting.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"experienced riders"
"great ride"

Reviewed November 17, 2016

First a big thank you to owner Matt for his flexibility on scheduling an awesome mountain bike ride: Dead Horse Canyon. My guide Brook asked the right questions to assess my skills and my objectives for the ride. I have lots of Mtn bike experience but not an adrenaline junk if you know what I mean. So, we rode Dead Horse canyon trail system and Brook took me on trails with just enough challenge to be fun. Brook also offered awesome riding tips that were very helpful and just plan fun to chat with. Rim Tour is great for all levels up to the Epic Enchiladas! All in all Rim Tour is a class experience! Tom

Date of experience: November 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2016

Tom, thank you so much. Dead Horse is one of our most popular trails for the very reasons you mention - just enough of a challenge to make it interesting, yet still doable for the non-adredaline-junkie.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

My 16 year old son and I did two separate one day tours with Rim Tours - Dead Horse Point and Navajo Rocks. We had a different guide each day, Melissa for day one and Brian for day two. Both were excellent. Not only were they interested in making sure we got the most enjoyment in the ride for our capabilities, they were both extremely knowledgeable about local history, geology, pop culture, biology, and more. It was amazing to ride with them. The rides themselves were incredible, but Rim Tours made sure we had a blast. And the lunch that each guide prepared was over-the-top good!

Date of experience: November 2016

Thanks, Lance. It's great that you mentioned how our guides' knowledge of the natural history added to your experience - it's one of those little extras that make all the difference.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

I’ve been riding for years in the mountains of western NC, thankful for and feeling more than a little spoiled by the glorious conditions we have here. So looking to challenge my skills, I decided to treat myself to a week’s getaway to Moab, what I’ve always felt was a kind of mecca for mountain biking. At first I thought I’d just rent a bike and find some trails to ride on my own, though I quickly realized there’d be a much better way to do this. I had an awesome experience booking full-day rides with Rim Tours. I did three separate consecutive full day rides in different parts of Moab - North Klondike, Navajo Rocks and Dead Horse Point. Having never been out to Moab before, I had no idea of where to go or what to expect. But after talking with staff there about my skill level and what I wanted, they suggested rides that turned out to perfectly fit the bill for me. I especially need to call out Marla, who was my guide for the first and third days. She displayed a consistent sensitivity to the experience we were having and always maintained a delightful, fun-loving spirit. They were always punctual and very well organized, fully prepared for the day’s rides. The rental bikes they supplied were current-year models and very well maintained. By the end of my three days, I was blissfully spent physically, but feeling like I got pretty much the maximum that I could have hoped for from my MTB excursion to Moab. Rim Tours Rocks!

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Jim, thank you, so much. Hopefully, you'll be able to return to Moab to sample even more of the singletrack here.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2016

An unforgettable trip! Booking was straightforward and I was not disappointed with a full day riding the terrain in the spectacular scenery just north of Canyonlands National Park. Bikes in top condition, terrain challenging and varied from slick rock, scrub and soft-sand, the majority single trail. Great lunch provided, and Jenna was fantastic as guide and leader. Certainly different to riding in the UK, and the definition of 'Intermediate' tested me, but a massive sense of achievement at the end of the day. I would definitely go with Rim Tours again, and would strongly recommend to my friends.

Date of experience: October 2016

Thanks for posting about us! I've passed along your comment to Jenna - I know she'll appreciate the positive feedback.

Been to Rim Tours? Share your experiences!