Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Rim Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Rim Tours
from $109.00
More Info
from $109.00
More Info
All reviews mountain biking courthouse loop dead horse point single track bike tour rental bikes bikes provided skill level brand trails private tour half day tour biking experience road bike camping gear morning ride experienced riders great ride
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Recently completed the Rim Tour, 3-Day White Rim Trip. This is a three-day mountain biking trip around through Canyonlands National Park. Could not selected a better tour company, or guides for the three days. Immediately after registering for the trip, information is provided outlining everything you may need to know, right down to a potential packing list based on the season.

Our two guides for the trip were Buck and Kirstin, could not have asked for a hardworking, more knowledgeable guides. Buck rode with us on the first leg of the trip, taking time to explain the geological features along the way, but really allowing us to ride and just enjoy the great weather and the incredible sights. He would regather everyone for lunch, where a great spread of sandwiches, salad and cold drinks were put out for the thirteen members of our group. Each mean was better than the last, the first night at dinner, our guides set out some chairs, offer some cold drinks and set out some appetizers as the sun was setting. All of this while he grill starts to heat up and dinner is being prepared. The meals were great, fish and steak during a camping trip, fantastic!

The ride was challenging due to its length, not necessarily the most technical which was fine by me as a person relatively new to mountain biking. We covered between 26-30 miles per day based on my GSP readings, but for the most part the views were so incredible I never really even noticed, just sat back and enjoyed the ride. Different members of the group set different paces and at times we were all together at others, I was alone riding through a landscape untouched by human existence, aside from the dirt road that we rode on.

Our guides worked from sun up to sun down each day. From hot coffee in the morning, to desert each evening, Rim Tours is a great tour operator. The amount of time spent just making sure that everyone was comfortable and feeling good for the day was great. The side trips that Kirstin took us on to visit the Black Gap, older ruins or some great landscape features offered nice breaks throughout the day.

Great job Rim Tours, looking forward to my next adventure with you.

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2016

Hi David. So glad you enjoyed the White Rim Trail. Your review is very accurate. The 3-day version does keep you in the saddle more hours each day, as you describe. But the view is amazing. Our 4-day version allows us more time for side trips and shorter days. Next time you visit, perhaps we can get you out to The Maze. One of the most incredible places on our planet.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

This is the tour group you want to go with. Everything from pre trip planning to special meal needs was answered well before our trip. We had high expectations before the trip, but they were well exceeded. The food was excellent, the guides were fantastic. They helped us with our bikes, and gave us details of what to expect on the trail each day.

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to write us up, Tom. We hope to ride with you again someday.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

I just returned from this trip with Rim Tours--a mid-October ride on the White Rim trail. The trip was awesome! I went with Rim Tours on a mountain bike trip through the Maze District 2 years ago and knew I would return for another trip with them. Both trips were fabulous. Rim Tours is exceptionally organized and professional. I had 4 different guides and all were amazing. They were extremely kind, encouraging, knowledgeable and fun!. I did the White Rim 15+ years ago with friends without guides. I loved that trip too, but the way the guides were informed about geology, history and geography added immensely to my experience. The food was also fabulous--all fresh. It seems they thought of everything--from hot towels after the ride to lubing our chains to providing a place to shower after the trip before a long drive home. It was also great fun to meet new people to ride, eat, camp and laugh with. I highly recommend Rim Tours--both the White Rim and the Maze.

Date of experience: October 2016

Hi Judy. Wow, that is a wonderful review. Thank you. Especially for mentioning the extra touches like the hot towels and the showers at the end of the tour.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

What a great day of mountain biking in Moab! Julie, our guide, was terrific in all aspects of the day, from giving us local information on the trail's flora and fauna (including dinosaur tracks), catering the ride to meet the needs of the group, plus giving tips to improve our riding. All in all, it was a terrific day.

Date of experience: October 2016

Thanks, Chris. I shared this with Julie and I know she'll be very happy to get your feedback. We hope to ride with you again someday.

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Had a really great 3 day trip. Our guide Sam was absolutely awesome. Picked us up each day at 9, came with bikes, and took us to fantastic trails. As he learned our ability, he took us to better and better terrain. We got our share of challenge and adrenaline rush, but were also never in danger or beyond our limits. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: October 2016

Thanks, "sfrider." I've passed this along to Sam. He'll appreciate the feedback.