Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Rim Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Rim Tours
from $109.00
More Info
from $109.00
More Info
All reviews mountain biking courthouse loop dead horse point single track bike tour rental bikes bikes provided skill level brand trails private tour half day tour biking experience road bike camping gear morning ride experienced riders great ride
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I can't recommend Rim Tours highly enough. They are fantastic!

I was in Moab, Utah for a six-day period that included Columbus Day, and I went on six separate mountain-bike tours led by Rim Tours. 4 were private tours, and 2 were group tours. The tours covered the Brand Trails, Klondike (twice), Dead Horse Point, Mag 7, and Navaho Rocks. I had Michael, Bill, and Brian as guides, and they were all fantastic. They were very good at ensuring that ride difficulty matched the skill set of the participants. Rides were always challenging and exciting while keeping risks to a minimum. The guides were also very good at giving context about the geology, biology, and history of the area. The guides were all very respectful of the delicate ecosystems there and gave helpful guidance about how not to "hurt the dirt." Finally, the guides were just friendly people and were fun to talk to.

The bikes were also great. Rim Tours seems to carry Santa Cruz bikes exclusively - it's a very high-quality bike. You can also upgrade to carbon-fiber frames! The bikes were very well maintained and were able to provide me with "spd" pedals for my clipless shoes (shoes that cleat into the pedals).

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Johnathan, thank you so much for taking the time to write us up on TripAdvisor. I've passed it along to your guides, who will appreciate that you noticed their skill at tailoring the ride to meet your needs. We take great pains to ensure that the trail fits the rider.

Reviewed October 16, 2016

There are 2 key reasons for my 5 Star review.
1. The four day 100 mile white rim bike tour was simply outstanding. Mike and Beth (our guides) ensured that everyone in our group was well fed and energized and both were very informative about the history of Canyon Lands. There was a good balance of biking and hiking, and the views were breath taking. I plan to go back with my son in the future so he can enjoy the same experience.
2. While we were on the trail, our rental car was damaged in the RIM Tour parking lot. Upon our arrival back form the tour, I was informed of the incident immediately. An accident report was already filled out, RIM had called the insurance company and they went out of their way to make sure I understood they were going to take care of everything. Sure enough things worked out seamlessly with the car rental, and RIM Tours took care of everything. A situation that could have easily ruined my vacation, turned out to be a non-issue due to the great customer service provided by RIM.

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2016

Thanks for the detailed review. I've passed it along to Mike and Beth. Glad everything worked out with the car. We hope to see you again when you come back to Moab.

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

We did a 2 day private bike tour with Rim Tours. They looked after us really well. Easy booking service, pick up on time, nice lunch etc.

Our guide was Brian - who was great fun, provided great information about local Moab history and geology and picked some rides that were well suited to our entire party.

Bikes were also very good. We had not done a great deal of mountain biking prior to our visit - but we certainly have the bug now.

Thanks Brian for making our tour so much fun.

Date of experience: October 2016

Thank you for the great review! I've passed it along to Brian, he'll appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Used Rim Tours for a four day private tour of the best of Moab and rented our bikes through them too. Michael and Brian great tour guides that added a little flavor to the experience, enjoyed their insight on trails and history. The mechanic was great worked and made adjustments to bikes between rides, super friendly too. Food choices were really good most food is made in-house but when they bring the "love muffin" sandwiches it raised the game. Looking back, I think we would of done fine guiding ourselves for mag 7 and Navajo trails on our own, but having the guys for captain ahab and WOE was well worth it!!!!! If we head back to Moab I would use them again and would highly recommend them to anyone.

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2016

Robert, thank you for taking the the time to give us a review. I've passed it along to Michael and Brian, I'm sure they'll really appreciate it. And thanks for mentioning our mechanics. They work hard every day tuning up each and every bike before it goes out, but don't often get the recognition.

Reviewed October 7, 2016

My wife and I took a tour with Rim Tours to explore mountain biking in Moab. We had a blast! Marla is a wonderful guide. She is very knowledgeable and very encouraging and patient. All of the riders in our group were in the novice/trying to get to intermediate level. The main thing is that we all had a good time together. Everyone looked out for one another and supported one another. Rim Tours has more advanced mountain biking expeditions available, but I cannot speak to that. This was only our second time out on a mountain bike and we were in need of some instruction. I would recommend this company. They run a very nice operation!

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Dear RestlessKnight, it sounds like a great group experience. Our guides are very good a paying close attention to the needs of each individual on their tour. Thanks for noticing! We'll pass your comments along to Marla. She'll appreciate hearing from you.