“Full day private tour”
Review of Rim Tours

Rim Tours
Ranked #7 of 112 Outdoor Activities in Moab
More attraction details
Owner description: Would you like to ride your mountain bike on super sweet trails in some of the most beautiful locations in the western US? Would you like fun, experienced and knowledgeable guides to show you the way on the trail, cook up incredible food at the end of the day, and teach you things you never knew about? You should join us on a Rim Tours Mountain Bike Adventure!Since 1985 Rim Tours has earned our reputation by offering the very best professionally guided mountain bike trips to Utah's Canyon country, Colorado's Rocky Mountains, Arizona's Grand Canyon and Sonoran Desert and Oregon's central Cascade Mountains. Our tours showcase the most beautiful and pristine backcountry locations in the Western United States and our experienced staff will ensure that your time spent with us is a vacation to remember. We have pioneered backcountry biking tours with your safety and enjoyment our highest priority. Our backcountry ethic assures minimal impact from our travels so others may return time and again to unspoiled wilderness.
Reviewed October 5, 2016

Great. Guide could ride, good vibe. Knowledgeable and flexible. Equipment was fine for a day ride. Nothing super but the price reflects that and they did offer me an upgrade. They could use those books they show you at the Hertz counter to offer a better car but a bike. But it was a perfectly good bike nonetheless. .Super chill.. But now I got the bug to do more of it and I'm 2500 +/- miles away.

Date of experience: October 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2016

Hi Jonas,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. On the bike rental, we do have a page on our site that gives you info about our bikes, including the upgrade options to our higher-end bikes like the all-carbon Santa Cruz 5010 and Hightower.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"experienced riders"
"great ride"

Reviewed October 5, 2016

I had a great time. Brian Lugers was an excellent guide. I did a whole day private ride. It was a good mix of challenging technical and a good work out. The bike was top shelf and in perfect shape, including drop post.
It was nice for Brian to arrange the cooling thunder storm and 1" of rain at the end of the ride.
Moab was on my bucket list and now with Rim it is on my redo list.
Thanks for the memories. I still hate thin loose deep sand however not as much of it as the Sonora.

Date of experience: September 2016

Thanks for the mention. We'll pass it along to Brian. Weather arranging is his specialty ;)

Reviewed October 4, 2016

My wife and I were in Moab for a couple of days during an 8 day trip to visit the National Parks in Southern Utah and spent most of our time hiking but made time for a half day mountain biking trip to Dead Horse Point State Park as a change of pace. The trip was highly enjoyable and was geared toward the skill level of the people in our tour group. The guide assigned to our trip was so helpful getting everyone comfortable with riding a mountain bike and also offering bits of information on the area and highlighting things to see that we would have missed if not for her. I would totally recommend this for anyone interested in getting out on a mountain bike in the Moab area.

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2016

We're so happy that you and your wife enjoyed the mountain biking on Dead Horse Point Singletrack. It's our most popular tour, for exactly the reasons you stated. We hope you come back again so we can show you the Klondike Bluff Trail, which would make a great next step in your new adventure with mountain biking!

Reviewed September 29, 2016

Just got off the trail after 4 incredible days of mountain biking in the most beautiful, awe inspiring place I have ever seen. Although I'm a novice mountain biker, as a fitness and road riding fanatic, I thought I'd have an easy time. NOT. The trail was extroadornarily challenging, and tested my strength and endurance. I loved it! The guides, Beth and Mike are special people. Beth, a professional mountain bike racer, gave me many pointers on technique that improved my experience and ability immensely. Mike, who (and forgive me for saying this Mike) looks like an old hippie, is in reality,, a 68 year old energizer bunny. He can ride up, come back down, and back up huge mountain passes, that most of us, could not even get close to completing. After a day of really tough, exhausting riding, when the group was passing out, Beth and Mike wouldn't rest for a second. They would prepare gourmet dinners and fantastic desserts. They set up portable washing areas to get the road off of us and even handed out hot wash clothes (a great indulgence). Both guides were incredibly knowledgable about the desert, the original inhabitants and geology. They led us on, among a few excursions, into a slot canyon and taught us how to navigate what first appeared as non- passable areas.
This trip inspired me to become a capable mountain biker and left me with wonderful memories.

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Perry, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and helpful review. It is a very accurate reflection of what many riders feel after the experience - though they were in very fit shape from years of road cycling, the off-road nature of Moab mountain biking was a challenge. And that they were glad to have had the help of the skilled guides.