Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Rim Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Rim Tours
from $109.00
More Info
from $109.00
More Info
All reviews mountain biking courthouse loop dead horse point single track bike tour rental bikes bikes provided skill level brand trails private tour half day tour biking experience road bike camping gear morning ride experienced riders great ride
Reviewed September 29, 2016

Just got off the trail after 4 incredible days of mountain biking in the most beautiful, awe inspiring place I have ever seen. Although I'm a novice mountain biker, as a fitness and road riding fanatic, I thought I'd have an easy time. NOT. The trail was extroadornarily challenging, and tested my strength and endurance. I loved it! The guides, Beth and Mike are special people. Beth, a professional mountain bike racer, gave me many pointers on technique that improved my experience and ability immensely. Mike, who (and forgive me for saying this Mike) looks like an old hippie, is in reality,, a 68 year old energizer bunny. He can ride up, come back down, and back up huge mountain passes, that most of us, could not even get close to completing. After a day of really tough, exhausting riding, when the group was passing out, Beth and Mike wouldn't rest for a second. They would prepare gourmet dinners and fantastic desserts. They set up portable washing areas to get the road off of us and even handed out hot wash clothes (a great indulgence). Both guides were incredibly knowledgable about the desert, the original inhabitants and geology. They led us on, among a few excursions, into a slot canyon and taught us how to navigate what first appeared as non- passable areas.
This trip inspired me to become a capable mountain biker and left me with wonderful memories.

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2016

Perry, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and helpful review. It is a very accurate reflection of what many riders feel after the experience - though they were in very fit shape from years of road cycling, the off-road nature of Moab mountain biking was a challenge. And that they were glad to have had the help of the skilled guides.

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

Had a great ride with Brooks today. He and I were well matched in age and ability (i.e. He is not a young hotshot out to set records). He explained the capabilities of the bike and showed me a lot of techniques. I thoroughly enjoyed the ride.

Date of experience: September 2016

John, I've passed along your comments to Brooks, who will be very happy for the feedback. We hope to ride with you again someday.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

Had a great ride at Dead Horse State Park. Our gude was Melissa who was knowledgable about both the area and mountain biking technique. Quality bikes, guide and ride!

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2016

Thanks for the review. Dead Horse Point Singletrack is an amazing trail, and we're glad you felt the bike and Melissa were great, too. We take pride in our guides being the best in the business, and our bikes are sold off at the end of the season, so we can buy brand new bikes each year.

Reviewed September 23, 2016

We did the half day mountain bike tour at Dead Horse State Park and had a fantastic time! Highly recommend. Julie, our guide was awesome. The views were spectacular and the bikes were amazing. Highly recommend

Date of experience: September 2016
Franklin S, Manager at Rim Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2016

Hi Shelley P:
We'll pass along your compliments to Julie. We love her too!

Reviewed September 22, 2016

Had a great ride in Moab brands, I'm a begginner but felt like a pro after the great instructor guidance.

Date of experience: September 2016

Hi Laurel, thanks for the review. We're glad the instruction helped. We pride ourselves on the quality of our guides. Many of them have been with us for years, some even decades.