“Will go back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Slickrock Campground
Ranked #32 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Ferndale, California
“Will go back”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

If your expecting a 5 star camping experience this may not be the place for you.. The campground is full of Rock Crawlers, 4 wheel drive trucks and people that are outside exploring all day... Yeah there is sand and dirt in the bathrooms and showers and pretty much everywhere but that's to be expected... Look where you are! I am going back this year and I cant wait!! Its full of people having the time of their life!

Room Tip: If your camping in a tent make sure you get a site that has cover..
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
Jasper National Park, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This little campground is simple and unassuming. With hot tubs and hot showers, we soaked away the aches of the sweet rides we did under the hot Sun, and showered away our chills from the cool desert nights!

Perfect stress free tenting in large sites.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Chris R
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a cabin at Slickrock Campground and it was average. The beds were not that comfortable but that is to be expected. I can say they were warm and dry. The bathrooms were not great. The women's bathroom only had 1 shower working out of 3 and the urinal in both of the mens bathrooms were broken. Obviously make sure you where sandals in the shower because I did see mold in them. Just like all campgrounds you are on top of each other with not a lot of parking. It was sort of fight everyday to park a trailer somewhere. The hot tub was nice but the last day it was emptied so we could not use it. In short the next time I go down to moab I will look for a different place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scooter6543
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed October 21, 2013

After staying at this campground for the last 25 yrs, and after careful consideration, I'm writing my very first review..We have taken our children and grandkids to Moab and stayed at Slickrock for most of our lives. We have had some very wonderful times there and have recommended it to all of our friends and family. Such great memories were made there. I almost didn't write this because after reading managements response to the reviews, it seems that they disregard any complaints of their patrons and call them names, instead of listening to the honest concerns. Every one of the replies talk of dishonest reviews, and how they believe the reviews are evil and mean spirited. I promise you that my review is made with a very heavy heart and is very honest.

We haven't had the ooportunity to visit in about three or four years and decided to take a trip down there with our daughter and new husband. Our daughter arrived two days before we went. She called us the day we were leaving and expressed some concerns about the accomodations. She asked for some spider spray and a memory foam mattress. I was a bit concerned but concern took a whole new meaning when I got there.

Our cabin was filthy. The carpet in our cabin was so dirty that dust was billowing around our feet as we walked on it. We watched the cleaning woman as she only swept it out, instead of vacuuming, and understood why it was so dirty. there is no pavement and all of that fine sand was being tracked in with every patron. The cabins were covered in spider nests and webs. We used the bug spray but still killed many while there. The one and only end table, was covered in grime, that hadn't been wiped in....who knows how long.

The ladies restrooms were not in working order and were not cleaned the entire weekend we were there. They have 3 shower buildings and everyone of them were in similar condition. The mens restrooms and showers were also filthy. My husband said that out of the 3 shower/restroom bldgs, only one had a working urinal. Trash stayed on the floors, in the same spots the entire weekend. There is no soap dispensers in any bathroom to wash your hands after using the facilities. I have never seen any place that didn't provide soap to wash your hands after using the toilet. Hair, soap scum and filth covers the floors in both the restrooms and the showers. I was absolutley sickened at the lack of usable facilities and was so saddened by what our favorite campground had become. The pool was totally green with algae, and the picnic tables are literally falling apart. The childrens playground was covered in animal feces.

When we checked out, I told the management about the conditions that we found and how saddened we were that it had gone so downhill. She told us that $100K had been spent on improvements in the last year, but we are very familiar with this campground and saw no improvements at all. Everything was the same but had not been kept in good repair and hadn't been cleaned. Instead of taking our honest concerns and complaints seriously, she instead turned it back on us for not coming in sooner. My thoughts are that the managements job is to check on these things daily and make sure it isn't happening.

I'm sure I will get the same response as all of the other HONEST reviews. It will read that, this isn't a nice hotel, that repairs are being made, that I am evil and mean spirited and that I was refused a refund. Let me assure you, I am truly saddened by what Slickrock has become. I really looked forward to staying there in the past. We asked for no refund, but probably should have. We simply expressed our dismay at what it had become and did it nicely. We spent over $300.00 to stay there and found that we should have read the reviews before booking. We just didn't think we needed to because of our past experiences. We later found that we could have booked at other camps for less and had a much nicer stay.

Please check your options. Some of the condo's and other camps are worth a look at. Maybe Slickrock will start taking complaints to heart and make the needed improvements. Until then We will be staying elsewhere, I guess.

An HONEST patron of 25 years, who used to be a HAPPY Camper at the Slick Rock campground

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
22 Thank DJW4448
rural Colorado
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The cost was the highest we've ever paid in almost 20 years of RVing. The soft, powdery dirt of the sites was impossible to keep out of our shoes. The sites are very close to each other, with shared hookups. The WiFi didn't work. The bathrooms needed attention. I will not be returning to this campground.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank squirrelgirl727
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in the cabins every year, since 2001. This was the first year I brought my RV. Why do I keep coming back? The other guys want to, because it was cheap. Now, new owners... New prices. I understand they are doing repairs, and cleaning things up. BUT.... The RV sites are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. The cabins offer shelter. That's it. No rod even for a hanger. They have cleaned the bathrooms up... A little. For guys, it works. But if you bring your significant other, I would look elsewhere. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the internet is very, very, very weak. I picked up the nearby RV park,most of the time, and not this campgrounds 3 internet site. Good luck!

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank JonMuir
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was spending a week in Moab and decided to save some money and stay at the campgrounds instead of paying alot of money for a hotel. The accommodations were a typical camp ground and the facilities were kept in good working order and cleaned every day. The showers always had hot water after a long day in the parks. The only issues i had were with the other campers. They would open and shut their car doors upon late arrival over and over. One evening a Harley Davidson motorcycle was started and pulled away early in the morning. I guess some campers just don't understand good camping etiquette. I never got the wifi password so i cant sY how that service compared but overall it was a good experience, especially since the skydiving boogie and the enduro were that same weekend and everything was sold out. I would camp here again and will probably next year.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a primitive site with a roof. It rained pretty hard while there and not all sites...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo