“Stayed here many times since 2001”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Slickrock Campground
Ranked #33 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Moab
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in the cabins every year, since 2001. This was the first year I brought my RV. Why do I keep coming back? The other guys want to, because it was cheap. Now, new owners... New prices. I understand they are doing repairs, and cleaning things up. BUT.... The RV sites are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. The cabins offer shelter. That's it. No rod even for a hanger. They have cleaned the bathrooms up... A little. For guys, it works. But if you bring your significant other, I would look elsewhere. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the internet is very, very, very weak. I picked up the nearby RV park,most of the time, and not this campgrounds 3 internet site. Good luck!

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank JonMuir
There are newer reviews for Slickrock Campground

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was spending a week in Moab and decided to save some money and stay at the campgrounds instead of paying alot of money for a hotel. The accommodations were a typical camp ground and the facilities were kept in good working order and cleaned every day. The showers always had hot water after a long day in the parks. The only issues i had were with the other campers. They would open and shut their car doors upon late arrival over and over. One evening a Harley Davidson motorcycle was started and pulled away early in the morning. I guess some campers just don't understand good camping etiquette. I never got the wifi password so i cant sY how that service compared but overall it was a good experience, especially since the skydiving boogie and the enduro were that same weekend and everything was sold out. I would camp here again and will probably next year.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a primitive site with a roof. It rained pretty hard while there and not all sites...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Eric D
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Clean, smelled good, nice flooring, hot long shower, clean, ceiling fan in there. Great shower. I wasn't even that desperate. Park looked non private with close stalls but overall looked like a nice place to stay. Great location as you enter Moab from north.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Shmoeder
Reviewed September 15, 2013

What makes this place the best in Moab: 1) they keep it easy and uncomplicated, 2) they're the only ones with big trees on the property (all over the property actually) to keep your RV shaded from the sun, wind, rain, etc.... especially the sun! 3) affordable at $18/day, 4) hot water in the shower/bathroom facilities. As for the other reviews, this place is an RV park, not a Hilton, you have to factor that into your reviews.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeffkk
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Read the reviews, pay close attention to the negative ones especially in 2013, they must not need the money because they don’t seem to care about their RV park anymore and most important their guests. We should have checked out the reviews on this place first, unfortunately we did not. We had traveled all day to just to get to Moab being handicapped, (my husband and I have severe back injuries, he has rheumatoid arthritis and I have acute fibromyalgia) and tired we stopped at the first place on the way in. We were trying to drop the trailer before the sun went down. When we stopped at Slick rock campground the girl at the front desk said that she was getting ready to close and that the spots in white were open. So we hurried and found a spot and came back and paid full price for a complete hookup sewer, electric, and water or so we thought, the girl at the front counter said nothing about the spot we picked, nor was there any cheaper price. We dropped the trailer and started to get the water, electric, and sewer hooked up, there was a tiny little piece of tape on the electric box in small letters that said “do not use”. So we stopped the maintenance guy (He was very pleasant) and asked him what was going on and he said that the fire-pit had gotten too hot and fried the electrical lines. We asked him why there wasn’t a bigger caution tape and some kind of display of NO Electrical usage warning. He said “they” took it off. Does that mean the owner or the Guests? The maintenance man said to talk to the manager and went and got her to come and talk to us about the problem. We told her what was happening and she immediately became defensive said that it was our fault for not reading the map correctly and included that even Mexicans can understand her map. And as far as the fire-pit causing damage to her electrical line, it was the previous guests fault, and also the supposable warnings on the electrical boxes, that was the guests fault too, she said that the customers rip off the warning tape. She was rude and all she wanted to do was fight with us, she did however give us our money back, after she yelled and screamed at us. The issue was that they were dishonest, not forth coming with the electrical problems, blamed the customer for all the problems, and charged full price on hookups that were not working then personally attacked my husband by calling him stupid. As a business owner/opp. I don’t understand why she would be so rude and didn’t offer anything but our money back and rudely told us to leave, not because we were using bad language or being vulgar, but because we challenged her management skills . We would have stayed if, #1 she was nice, #2 gave us a discount, or #3 offered to help us hook up the trailer and drop it in another space that had full hookups, any of these things would have been the deciding factor for us to stay. It took everything we had to drop the trailer little lone hook up again and then drop it again. It was obvious that we are handicapped by the handicap display in our vehicle window and my husband also told her, but I don’t think she could have heard him because she was too busy yelling. And while we were hooking up the trailer she decided to tape the electrical boxes, we didn’t bother to look at what she put on them but it was kind of a temper tantrum thing, very immature, and infantile. We moved right next door to Porter RV Park, a much, much cleaner RV park, had to drop the trailer again, but at least we could see, there was plenty of light to do so. And the lady at the front desk was very sweet and obliging, we have been to 2 RV parks in Moab now and loved them both. Nothing was broken, everything was updated, and the spots that were not available were very clear that they were unavailable and the ones that were available, were very clear also. Even in the dark, after the drive, dropping the trailer, and hooking up the trailer with only a map that was very clear where we could and couldn’t have hookups. My advise, read the reviews carefully, there are more bad than good in 2013, something must have happened to the management or they just don’t care. One thing is clear from all the poor reviews, blaming their loyal patrons is a common thing in person and in the feedback from management on their reviews. My advise to management, take some classes on how to treat your customers and how to manage your park, what your doing now to your guests in your previous words "evil".

Room Tip: Any campground but this one until they figure out how to manage their campground.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debidoll00
Reviewed August 13, 2013

People were nice enough but rv park was a mess. They did not seem to care about cleaning up anything but the pool & that was probably only cause it's the first thing you see when you pull in.
You have been warned! There is a much nicer RV park about 1/2 mile from this one on the same side of the street. Use it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank victory082
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were looking forward to coming back to Slickrock campground as we have stayed here twice in the past, although both times were more than ten years ago.
In that time, the place has not been maintained to the level it was previously. As my husband put it, it felt like we were camping in a parking lot.
The first impression was not good either. In the office, we were overwhelmed with the smell of cats.
The washrooms were okay but I was so put off by the giant hissing June beetles that I could barely bring myself to brush my teeth, let alone shower. Certainly, this is not the fault of the management but perhaps some precautions such as screen doors could have improved the situation.
We didn't venture into the pool this time and as we noticed the pool being emptied one day, we thought that to be a wise decision. At least the Colorado river is near and has some excellent places to wade and relax in the water!
Our site (a tent site) was dusty but at least it had adequate shade, although the picnic table was not useable for eating although we could cook on it at least.
Overall, it was a disappointing visit. Next time we go to Moab, we will be looking into other campgrounds in the area!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple