“Close to town and attractions, very comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Moab

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Moab
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Moab
“Close to town and attractions, very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

The hotel sits on the north end of town between downtown and the Colorado river. Its back nestles against the mountainside, so our room in the back was very quiet. Breakfast was hot and adequate, but not fancy. We arrived on opening night of the 2012 Oylmpics, so over the four nights we stayed, people were often found in the common area watching together on the television over the fireplace.

The staff was attentive, unobtrusive and friendly. The rooms was clean, the bed comfortable. The pool was clean and inviting when it was over ninety degrees in the afternoon. All-in-all, a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Get one near the back.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Ann Arbor, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This is a clean hotel with nice rooms. Probably the nicest hotel in Moab. Nice outdoor pool. I'm a diamond member of Hilton and would have given it 4 stars, but I found the staff a little "aloof". I wouldn't say they were unfriendly, just a little indifferent. Easy walk to the restaurants on Main Street and if you are a bicyclist, it's just a short ride out of the parking lot to the wonderful paved bike tail in Moab. For a treat, drive over to the Moab Brewing Company and have their gelato. Yes, gelato. Some of the best I've had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains/ridges across the highway.
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A2Member
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

Comfortable and functionnal room. But main street (very close) and air conditioner are too noisy (cannot open window). Nice free breakfast. A good stopping place at a very correct price. Friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in June of 2012. The room was pretty clean. The breakfast area was somewhat of a disaster area. The place was pretty busy but the tables and food area weren't kept clean. Also, when we arrived at our room the door was open. We found that somewhat concerning to walk into a room were the door was ajar. The front desk woman said it was no big deal and said a staff member probably left it open. I guess we think our safety is a big deal and were uncomfortable with the situation. For the price of this hotel I would expect to feel safe! I think I would find another hotel in town next time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SAKM
lstollsteimer, General Manager at Hampton Inn Moab, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the unsettling experience you had during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing this incident to my attention and allowing me to follow up with our housekeeping and front desk teams to ensure that the safety of our guests is always the top priority. Thank you for your feedback.
Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here for a week while visiting arches national park. We had a room with 2 queens. The queen beds were smaller than a normal queen. We got a roll away for $10 a day. Not too bad. We also got a fridge for $45 for the week. This allowed us to have drinks for the grocery store in our room and fill a cooler with ice for our hikes. This worked great. The ice machines were breaking but hotel staff got us ice from their kitchen. The pool was great for an afternoon dip. The kids really loved it. Wifi worked well and breakfast was the normal Hampton inn food and quality. Overall a nice hotel for the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gilroy, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

After hiking all day we returned to our room and found that our IPad was missing. We called security and the asst. manager and reported the theft. They said there was nothing they could do except call the police, so we did. They came and filled out a report. Before the police got there I overheard a housekeeper talking on her cell phone while cleaning the room next to us and she made a comment that she wouldn't have taken anything because she has a warrant out on her. Nice, and she has access to everyone's room. When to police officer showed up he said that they are her all the time for thefts. This too was interesting. After the police investigation it was discovered that a keycard was used to enter our room 15 mins. after we left but the keycard was not assigned to anyone in the hotel. Larry to GM as sorry not his prob. It doesnt make me feel to safe knowing anyone in the hotel can access your room and no one whould know who it is.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. Between myself and my husband we prob. stayed in over 400 hotels in our life and...
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sandra D
lstollsteimer, General Manager at Hampton Inn Moab, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I regret that you experienced this issue while staying with us. I can assure you we take things like this very seriously and have investigated it. If there is anything further I can do to help you please do not hesitate to contact me directly again.. Thank you and I apologize again for the disruption in your sta
Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our party (myself, husband, kids ages 9 and 7, and my mother) booked two rooms for a two-night stay at Hampton Inn. From the moment we checked in until we left, this was a GREAT experience. Having never stayed at a Hampton, we chose it because it had good reviews on Tripadvisor and appeared newer and cleaner than other Moab choices.

The front-desk attendants were all super friendly and helpful, even offering post card stamps when they overheard me say I needed stamps!!! They put snack bags out each morning and had freshly baked cookies in the lobby in the afternoon.

The lobby, spacious and super-clean, had a t.v., books, magazines, and tables for the complimentary breakfast, which consisted of cereals, fruits, toasts, pastries, waffles, and two different hot dishes each morning. Perfectly adequate and more than we expected.

The laundry room, although about 100 degrees, was clean. The pool, although small, was empty and my kids had it to themselves both nights.

There are other hotels closer to the shops, but they didn't look as nice as the Hampton. It's a flat, easy, 15-minute walk down the street to the shops and only about a 5-minute drive to Arches National Park. My only complaint was that the bathroom had only one very bright light. A dimmer switch or another, dimmer lighting option would have been nice.

The room was large, clean, offered many t.v. channels, and had a powerful air conditioner.

This was a cozy, clean, and friendly place. Parking was not an issue. I'd return to the Hampton Inn for future Moab trips.

Room Tip: We had a third floor room facing Main Street. There was no view, but for the price and quality, it d...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family