“Nice Inn”

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Encino
“Nice Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This one came by recommendation of other TripAdvisor members and we were very pleased with our decision to go with their suggestion.
We found the Inn to be very comfortable, rooms were nice and bed was very comfortable. They have a small pool on location with a restaurant. We did not use either, but would certainly not hesitate to stay here again. The parking lot was very full, so I am sure they are very popular. Lots of mountain bikers there as almost every car had a bike rack on the back.

Room Tip: We stayed on an upper floor, so we did not hear anyone walking around above us. They do not have el...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Bozeman, MT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed for two nights on a layover between backcountry trips into Canyonlands National Park. I'd say this seems like one of the best choices in Moab for a place to stay. Close to downtown, very nice rooms, clean with ample space for a family and friendly staff. We enjoyed the pool and appreciated the property management's willingness to allow us to park our car for a couple of days when we were in the canyons. I would have given the property an excellent rating if it weren't for the following items:

1. The complimentary continental breakfast needs an upgrade to match its $200 per room price tag. Could have eaten the same or better food at a Holiday Inn breakfast bar.
2. A $100 fine is applied to any guest smoking on the grounds of the property. However, this rule doesn't seem to apply to the maintenance and cleaning staff who use the shade garden behind the Pool to do their smoking. Poor taste and even poorer policy when violated by the hotel's own employees
3. Check-in processes and transparency about room availability could be improved. We walked into our room and it had already been given out for the evening. Glad we didn't walk in on the other guest in a precarious situation.

All in all, I would stay here again but there are some very easy things the management can do to improve the experience.

Room Tip: Go for suite.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank BrockAnderson
Montevideo, Uruguay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

The good features of the hotel have been extensively reviewed. As for the negatives: the hotel does not have an elevator, If you cannot carry your luggage up a flight of stairs, it may not be for you. Also I did not particularly like the pet friendliness when an unleashed dog was roaming in the lobby and then at the pool (I am not sure the hotel was aware of the pool thing, but that is what happens when you have a liberal pet policy). Finally, the breakfast is very Hampton-Innesque, no special treat there. I would return without hesitation, but the hotel is only a notch above a Holiday Inn Express facility, I think it is overhyped to an extent.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank urufenta
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Friendly desk, large room, best hotel shower ever! Room had a patio which was nice in the cool rain although too closed in for views. Great location in Moab with restaurants within easy walking distance. Odd layout that appears to be more apartment-like than hotel. Would stay here again if travels ever take us to Utah.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have to say I had a unique experience here I will probably never have again. I like to look at real estate magazines and saw our room listed for sale in the booklet. It turns out all the rooms are condos. Interesting! We were assigned the handicapped room although we did not need it. This meant no view from the back deck but corrugated steel walls that rattled all night long. The toilet was the loudest I have ever heard (and I heard the neighbor's flushing as well). I also heard furniture dragging and feet stomping. All the cement and funk made noise absorption not possible. The window covering did not make the room dark at night so if street lights bother you you might find sleep difficult. The dining room has a nice view and the food is pretty good. The staff was helpful. We opted for the "green" service which meant no maid service. I felt a bit weird about that as this does not employ housekeepers and our room got messy after 3 days. It is your option and I probably would not choose it again if I did stay here again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend room 103 if you want a view from the patio.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Karen K
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Water pipes rumbling LOUDLY all night, fixture that shorted a bulb and wasn't fixed during our stay (and a sorry excuse of a tiny, feeble lamp that was proffered as a stand-in), an absolutely horrendous breakfast relative to the nightly rate of $200+ (sawdusty instant oatmeal, pre-cooked and possibly frozen boiled eggs, and a toaster that burnt one side of the bread while toasting the other side normally), but friendly staff, then this place is for you! :-)

For me, Gonzo is a "no go."

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Rms22
nnioznog, Manager at The Gonzo Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
RMS22

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am sorry to hear that we did not go above and beyond your expectations. We value your feedback and will use your comments to implement necessary changes. We take our guest and customers service very serious. Please contact me if I can assist you further.

Kali Bisco
Operations Manager
435 259 2515
prescott,arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We've stayed at the Gonzo about once a year for the past five years, and every visit has been excellent. Staff are helpful and friendly, breakfast is quite good and dining area pleasant. The rooms are large, comfortable and comfortably furnished, quiet, and beds excellent; rooms and bathrooms always spotless. Excellent location within easy walking distance of "downtown". Winner and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple