“Great Suites, Super Dog-Friendly!”
Review of The Gonzo Inn

The Gonzo Inn
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Denver
“Great Suites, Super Dog-Friendly!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Great hotel, right in downtown Moab, but quiet. Walk to restaurants, stores, and easy to get everywhere. Good continental breakfast in the morning, pool and hot tub lovely at night. Wonderful dog rooms, complete with fenced-in yard! Suites are fantastic with big bedrooms, good bed, nice pillows, and then living room with kitchen, pull-out sofa--all super comfy. Biggest shower I've ever seen! Really excellent set-up and perfect for our two adults, two young kids, and a dog family on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TheMightyQuint

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed at Gonzo Inn as I was running in The Thelma and Louise Half Marathon. The customer service we received during our stay was outstanding. The staff was very accommodating they had food and coffee available for me race day at 4:30am..thanks Jerry. They even let me have a BBQ with friends who were staying at different hotels on their patio!! I recommend this hotel to anyone going to Moab.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Debbie G
Southlake, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2013

From the first hello at the front desk to the checkout goodbyes, every single employee had a positive and helpful attitude. High employee morale usually translates into great service and it did here. Coming off a five day raft trip our main concern was big shower, plenty of hot water, and comfortable king size bed. Our room provided all exactly as hoped. The room had all the amenities needed to include fridge, table and 2 chairs, and free wifi. We were in room 113 which was on the ground floor, standard size room and fine for one night. If we were staying longer, would likely try for a bigger room or suite. Recommend you research room location if possible when making reservation. The upper floors looked lovely and private with their own balconies. 113 is unfortunately on the path to the swimming pool; we felt as though we were in an Amsterdam showroom during daylight hours; we were amazed at the number of people who actually stopped and looked in each window as they passed instead of discretely walking past. And, unfortunately, the only window coverings were lovely dark roman shades, perfect for night, but would plunge us into deep darkness during the day. It would have been great to have some type of café curtain or shutter to block the lower half of the window during the day. Also, the patio was essentially unusable as it was a sidewalk to the pool.

The “continental” breakfast exceeded expectations. In addition to expected breads, rolls, and waffles it had hard boiled eggs and incredibly good gravy and biscuits. As gravy connoisseurs, we had to go back for seconds it was so good.

Location was fantastic, right in the middle of Moab but 1-2 blocks off the main strip. We could walk to everything we needed but didn’t hear any traffic noise. We did not use the pool area but it looked clean and it was certainly full of folks on a Memorial Day weekend.

We were somewhat confused by hotel website as to operating hours; however it turns out that the front desk is staffed 24 hours and they graciously accepted and held camping gear that our raft company dropped off at midnight. Also, website didn’t have place to get AAA discount, but if you show card at check in they will give you the discount. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor poolside room if you want privacy. Patio was unusable as it was a sidew...
3 Thank TXLUV2TVL
Elkview, West Virginia
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Moab, and hopefully not our last. I'm selective about where I stay and after much research, selected The Gonzo Inn. I couldn't have been happier with my choice! The location was a block or 2 off the main drag, very quiet and within walking distance to restaurants and shops. We had initially booked 4 nights in a regular room, but decided to stay 2 more nights and moved to a suite. The room we had offered plenty of space, with a cathedral ceiling that really opened up the room. I loved that each room had a balcony or patio! The suite was so roomy with a nice living area, large separate bedroom, gas fireplace, 2 TV's and large balcony overlooking a nice grassy area. Both rooms had a microwave and fridge, the suite also had a kitchen sink and cabinets. Both rooms were very quiet, with nice room darkening blinds. We enjoyed the pool area which we found to be clean, quiet and relaxing after exploring and hiking all day. The laundry facilities were very handy as well. The lobby was fun and inviting and the breakfast area was very nice with seating options inside and outside. The complimentary breakfast was very well stocked with lots healthy options to fill you up and get you going! Most importantly, the ENTIRE staff at The Gonzo Inn were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Overall, I found this to be a lovely property and when I return to Moab, The Gonzo Inn will be my only choice!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LCfromWV
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I come to Moab once or twice a year for vacation. I love staying at The Gonzo Inn. The rooms are pristine and the staff go out of their way to be helpful. They pleasantly assisted me with some directions I needed with a smile along with other requests I had during my stay. I did not have one negative experience. The staff were extremely upbeat and happy to help me, much more than most hotels I have stayed at. The rooms are very unique in decor which adds to a pleasant stay. And, walking distance to all of the restaurants and shops. Look no further....you have found the best place to stay in Moab!

Room Tip: I stayed in a second floor King single room 209. I have also stayed in Suite (two rooms) 211. Both a...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Neptungrll
Colorado Traveler
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My fav without a doubt in Moab. Location is right downtown. Convenient but also quiet with a parkway butting up to it. Huge grassy grounds, Nice hot tub, pool, breakfast. Plenty of parking and nothing cookie cutter or chain-like about it. Best thing? I can take my dog - she loves Moab, too!

Room Tip: Some rooms have their own little fenced yard whihc is ideal when you're traveling with your dog.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We loved staying at the Gonzo Inn. The decor was so tasteful and fun. The bed's and linens were great. The pool is small but very clean and relaxing. Many of the hotels in Moab are on the main road and so are the pools. Not Gonzo Inn. Their pool backs up to a park, so it is quite and nice scenery. Breakfast had good quality food and healthy options. I highly recommend staying here. I do recommend asking for a room on the second floor or facing the pool. The rooms on the front side look out on the parking lot. Ours did. It bugged me at first, but once I closed the blinds and enjoyed the amentities in my room - I was fine.

1 Thank LaurenbSeattle