“Great hotel in a great city.”
Review of The Gonzo Inn

The Gonzo Inn
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great hotel in a great city.”
Reviewed January 10, 2008

I would highly recommend this hotel for any visits to Moab. It's located in the center of town off the main street and close to a number of good local restaurants. The comfortable rooms are well appointed with southwestern design furniture and the pool and adjoining whirlpool are well maintained. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Liked — The rooms are excellent.
  • Disliked — The breakfast was ok but not great.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Azzie08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Slippery Rock PA
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Spent a lot of time researching where to stay for my first visit to Moab. The Gonzo was an excellent choice. Perfect location for walking about town, but quietly secluded just off the main street. The decor was lovely and different, the rooms very clean and comfortable, the bathrooms roomy and the shower was huge! Peaceful and relaxing place! Although I never used it, the pool looked very nice. Ample parking, coffee and cold breakfast was adequate. The only minor complaint was that I had no mini fridge in my room. I could have used one for cold drinks. I highly recommend the Gonzo over anything I saw in town. Also, the mexican restaurant next store was delicious.

• Liked — location and ambiance
  • Disliked — no mini fridge
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank gromitulf
Massachusetts
Reviewed November 4, 2007

We stayed at the Gonzo Inn in October, and the whole experience was fantastic! I would go back in a heartbeat. I was somewhat hesitant because of the poor reviews a few people had given. I am so glad I ignored them. The hotel itself is VERY nice. We stayed in a suite and it was huge! It was a little bit of a splurge, but well worth it. The bed was extremely comfortable, with down pillows. There was a tv in both the bedroom and the living area. The shower is also very cool (check out the room photos on the website). The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly (again, ignore the other reviews). The thing that stood out in my mind, however, was the continental breakfast. The food was ordinary, but they served Seattles Best coffee and Tazo tea. For all of you coffee addicts, I'm sure you will agree that good coffee is the key to starting off the day right. Most hotels serve swill for coffee, which instantly makes me go out for breakfast. Not the Gonzo! This may seem insignificant, but it really is the attention to detail that can make a stay pleasurable. I was able to have a light breakfast (bagel, juice and good coffee) and then hit the trails without wasting much time each morning. I think most people will agree, you're not in Moab to go out to breakfast! I would definitely stay at the Gonzo again. Great experience!

• Liked — The hotel room was beautiful and the coffee served at breakfast was excellent.
  • Disliked — N/A - it was all great!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Snowwench
miami
Reviewed September 29, 2007

When we pulled up to the hotel, I was nervous but pleasantly surprised once we opened the door. Great SW decorations in a surprising room which was really an apt. LR, MB, Balcony, & a large Bathroom. Great location. A short walk to the shops & restaurants.

Stayed September 2007
3 Thank shebaMiami
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Gonzo was a block off the beaten path at Moab but we found the place very nice. We'd rolled into Moab on a whim and stopped by after seeing a billboard, so did not have a reservation.

The room we got was clean, comfortable, and interesting with its art and decor, which included door kickplates custom cut with scenes from nearby Arches National Park. It had a separate sitting/kitchen area from the bedroom, with separate A/C units for each. It also had a patio; one drawback was the patio had doors which locked automatically and did not unlock with a room key.

The staff was friendly and laid back, and the hotel had a guest laundry, which was convenient. A limited breakfast was provided to guests. We felt very at ease and definitely will look to stay there again next time we visit Moab.

• Liked — I liked the decor
  • Disliked — the auto-locking patio doors
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank draNgNon
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed September 10, 2007

My husband and 2 sons were so surprised with the quality of this hotel. Our room had a bedroom separate from the kitchen and sitting room. The boys got the sofa bed, while we enjoyed the spacious master bedroom. Loved the Southwest decor and quietness. Continental breakfast was fine, pool somewhat smallish---but we weren't in Moab to swim anyway! Convenient location to walk up and down the quaint town. Friendly staff. My two boys compare all hotels to this one---none have measured up since!

• Liked — uniqueness; cleanliness
  • Disliked — not great views
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
3 Thank sleepy99
Gilroy, Ca.
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We (mom, dad, older brother, and 11 year old child) came into town with no reservations in 105 degree weather. Not knowing what was available, we looked at a few places before deciding on the Gonzo. From the beginning, we were impressed with this place. The receptionist was very frienddly, the exterior of the hotel was very stylish, and the 1 bedroom suite was perfect for our needs. We loved our stay, including the pool, breakfaast, facilities, even the other guests we met in the pool.
While this wasn't the cheapest place in town (nor the most expensive), it was quite a find and made our Moab experience quite memorable. The style of this business is unique and probably not suited for everyone, but this family will definately be going back!

• Liked — Great location, happening style, comfortable
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family