“Nice place, VERY quiet!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Moab
Adobe Abode Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 15 Moab B&B and Inns
Apple Valley, Minnesota, United States
“Nice place, VERY quiet!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed two nights and generally fond Adobe Abode to be nice place. We were greeted by the Manager Judy when we arrived, were shown around and to our room. Interesting place with some "history" in the building of it, nice common areas and amenities. Breakfast was quite good, made by Sean, Adobe Abode's chef.

The kind of odd thing was that we saw Judy when we arrived, and Sean at breakfast, but never at any other time did we see anybody from the staff or the owner. And despite being told the rooms were all booked, we hardly saw anyone else at all. Sat it the common areas, played pool, drank some of their free beer and wine, kinda hung out... but nobody around.

I would certainly stay here again, but if you are looking for the sort of B&B experience where it's like staying at a friend's house.... this isn't it.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Barbed Wire room. Kinda quirky and cool. Doors to a patio with swinging chairs and nic...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mark L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I was on a business trip to Lindon, UT and My wife and I decided on a last minute trip to Moab and Arches National Park. Coincidentally, my daughter and son-n-law were on a summer road trip and were in Vail and we were able to rendezvou in Moab. My wife and daughter both at the same time found Adobe Abode B&B. We decided to stay in a B&B instead of a hotel/motel. The view from our room was spectacular! My wife and I had a great trip and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank 963MarkM
denver
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our stay here was so strange, I felt compelled to write a review. First, the room they touted as a suite was really a double (and tight for 4 people). In the morning they reused the coffee brewed the day (or many days) before). Also in the morning, we watched the staff shake out the napkins and replace them at the place setting. Really?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
10 Thank sedaliarenata
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Upon retuning to our room at Adobe Abode (last week of June 2013) we found our used wet towels from the shower and wrapped trash placed inside our unsecured luggage. That made the second day of our stay uncomfortable. STRANGE BUT TRUE.
There was no response from Adobe Abode after I wrote inquiring about this incident.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank fdaniel230
Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I chose this B&B for our group based on the recommendations. Not quite what we expected. The rooms were a little worn; electrical fixtures not covering holes, stains in bathtubs, etc. The main area was nice and welcoming. We were greeted by Samantha - super helpful. Breakfast was good - Sean is a good chef. Never met Keith or Lori. Kind of strange not to meet the owners. The place had an empty feeling, even though we were assured they were filled.

I believe the price was on the higher end given the facilities, I would not recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
11 Thank AmosMerritt
Potsdam, New York
Reviewed May 25, 2013

An unplanned cross country trip had me scrambling for rooms in places where I wanted to see some of the great sights in the USA. Moab, UT was high on the list, but unfortunately my stop there was dangerously close to Memorial Day weekend. The national chains were booked, and many of the local places were booked. With the help of other TripAdvisors I gave these folks a call. I was happy that they had one room left, so I booked it. Little did I know how great this place really was!

Upon arrival we were greated by Judy who I dealt with on the phone. She gave us the basics and showed us our room. We stayed in the Cantina East room which was above the garage, and I don't think it was listed on the website. Huge room with two queen beds. Lots of fluffy towels, table and chairs and counter space. The refrigerator was stocked with red and white wine with beer available (and more wine if you drink all in your room) in the big refrigerator in the main building. As a guest you have access to the main building any time you want. We had a real nice balcony out back of our room and one out front as well. Rooms were quiet and cozy.

This place is really unique. Keith, the owner is a metal worker and artist. Many of his works are on display, and the rooms show evidence of his work. The place is like a museum or a curio shop. Lots to explore and look at.

Sean, the chef at breakfast is really great! The two breakfasts that we had there were wonderful and plentiful. He is a local as well and was helpful with other things we wanted to do while visiting Moab.

Okay down to the nitty grity. You can stay at places that are cheaper, but this place is off the beaten path ... no road noise. The staff are extremely helpful but low keyed. They are not in your face, but will answer any questions that you have. I guess the decision that you have to make is if you want a place to crash or a place that you will love and want to come back to.

Trust me, if I am within reasonable driving distance of this place I will come back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Fl.
Reviewed May 2, 2013

B&B's and hotels in Moab are expensive, but remember, this is essentially a resort/ specialty town due to the proximity to Arches and Canyonlands National Parks and all the outdoor activities in the area. That said, Adobe Abode is a little bit more reasonable compared to the other B&B's in town.

We stayed in the Barbed Wire room and loved it. The bathroom was very large and the room a good size. Everything in the house was clean and comfortable. The hot tub was great and had nice views of the red rocks and stars at night. Breakfast was really a treat with a variety of cereals, juices, and a hot entree as well. The staff was all very friendly and helpful, giving great restaurant recommendations. Complimentary beer and wine was a nice touch.

The location is not really within walking distance of the main town area, but only a short couple minute drive brings you to the main street. I actually thought that this was a plus because it was very quiet at night and the stars were more visible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple