“Fun break from all the National Parks”

Moab Adventure Center - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Moab Adventure Center offers the easiest way for you to plan and reserve all your outdoor adventures and vacation packages in Moab, Utah. We'll help you plan an unforgettable weekend getaway or a full week of the perfect adventures! Raft the legendary Colorado River. Experience an off-road Hummer Safari, Arches National Park tours, mountain biking, hot air ballooning, canyoneering, scenic flights, jet boat tours, zipline, horseback riding, private tours, jeep rentals and more!
Reviewed October 3, 2012

During our trip through West USA we stayed 2 nights in Moab. I wanted to take break from all the National Parks and go rafting. I booked well in advanced and everything was perfectly arranged. We were picked up from our hotel in Moab and at the end of the day dropped off.

Our tour guide Matt was awesome, a very laid back character that knew a lot about the surroundings. He made the trip very fun. We did the full day tour over the Colorado River and the lunch was delicious. Everything was arranged and you could eat and drink as much as you liked. I had 2 hamburgers and chocolate cookies. There also was chicken, salads and some other BBQ meals.

The river in September wasn't that wild as I would have hoped but the rapids were lots of fun.

1  Thank Essychan
jamie121, Manager at Moab Adventure Center - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Oh, agree. I love the hamburgers on the rafting trips. But I am glad you enjoyed the whole rafting experience and not just the lunch. Thanks for choosing to book your activity through the Moab Adventure Center and also thanks for posting a review.

Regards,

Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,445)
All reviews
"trip fun"
in 14 reviews
"half day trip"

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I reserved 3 tours and 2 days of Jeep rental with Moab Adventure Center.

★★★★★
The first was the Fiery Furnace hike at Arches National Park in the morning. We had so much fun learning about the park and Moab in general from Molly. It was a relatively easy hike with some chimneying and stemming. The group was small enough to make it tremendously fun.
★★★★★
Second was canyoneering - Ephedra's Grotto. Our guide, Heather, was wonderful. After an easy hike, we had snacks while she set up for our first rappel. She was informative about what she was doing and what we had to do. The rappeling was awesome. And we got to do it again! Not in the same spot, but the second one was better. After going over the cliffs, we hike out of Negro Bill Canyon.
★★★★
The last adventure was a whole day of rafting the Colorado, or as the locals say "The Daily". It was relaxing and calm. The water was very low, and it was more of a float trip than rafting, but it was okay. Evan (our Guide) was entertaining and serenaded us with "Under The Sea" on his ukulele. We did not stay the whole day, but decided to ride back with the morning people. While we wouldn't do this rafting trip again, we are not sorry we did it. It was fun and, as I said, relaxing. Well worth the price and the time, just would have booked half a day instead.
★★★★
We rented a jeep (JK 2 door body, pretty new @ 30k +/- miles and looked very well cared for) for 2 days with Canyonlands Jeep inside Moab Adventure Center. The 2 guys that explained the ins and outs of renting and four-wheeling were great. They informed us of all their policies, discussed where to go with us, what we should expect on the trips we chose, etc. The first day we had a blast. We chose Gemini Bridges Trail (great for beginners) and Shaffer Trail (AWESOME). We were so stoked from the first day, we were ready to go again. About the time we started on Long Canyon trail on the second day, the check engine light came on. We turned around and headed back to Canyonlands Jeep, so that they could check it out. The lady at the desk told my husband that she would ready another Jeep. At this point, we had only lost about 2 hours (travel time to trail and back and grocery store trip). No big. These things happen, and are no ones fault. We still had plenty of time. The lady pulls another Jeep around, then starts checking in our Jeep. She sees that we didn't fill the gas tank, as per the rental agreement. My husband explains we were on the trail when the light came on, so we just turned back and brought it to them to check out. We didn't think it would be a big deal. She reiterates the gas policy. Which I understand, however, due to circumstances beyond our control (vehicle issue), didn't think it applied. After all, we had just brought it in to be checked out for a check engine light on. At this point my husband and I were frustrated, and told her we would fill up the Jeep and return it, and she could refund our money for the day. So that is what we did. When we returned from unloading it and filling it up, a manager was there. He was very helpful, reiterated what we had been told when we originally rented the Jeep about mechanical failure policy and assured us we could take a different Jeep out and they would refund our money for the day. This would have been great had we not already been upset and lost 3 hours of our limited vacation time (an hour of which could have been avoided), but we decided to cut our losses as we were on vacation, and do something else.

To be clear, Canyonlands Jeep DID try to see that we were satisfied in the end. They did stand by their policy concerning mechanical failure in the end. However, the lady that was there when we took the Jeep to be looked at did not have the same information we had been give, and this created the problem. I WOULD rent a Jeep from them again, and not hesitate to do so. It was (4-wheel trails) a wonderful experience no one should miss out on. Had she [employee] known their policy and/or we not been so frustrated, this would be a glowing ★★★★★ review. We lost out on 3 hours, it cost us $30.78 to fill up (which we would have had to spend on gas in the end anyway). They lost $175.00 and a glowing review, and had to pull a manager in on a Sunday.
We still had a great time, and would do it again.

Thank you Moab Adventure Center and your guides for a WONDERFUL Time.

Thank you for you review and for choosing to book your adventures through the Moab Adventure Center. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves in Moab and that your guides helped make your experience that much better. I'm sorry there was a snag with you being able to enjoy the Jeep rental to the fullest. I hope you do get the opportunity to come back to Moab and try the rest of those trails. I will pass your praise along to your guides. I know they will be happy to hear the feedback.

Best,

Jamie

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We recently did a 1/2 day trip down the Colorado river with Moab adventure center. We had a great time. The current was much slower than we hoped for due to a dry summer. But it was relaxing and beautiful and our guide and the guide on the neighboring boat made it very entertaining for us. We also had a delicious bbq lunch that was included in the price of the tour. That lunch was the best lunch we had alllll week in Utah. And I think the prices were very reasonable. We would book an adventure with them again.

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the amazing scenery-- and lunch on your Colorado River Half Day trip. I hope you'll get to come join us again with the water is higher so you can get that faster current you were expecting.

Best,

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked 4 tours. They made it easy and were very organized. We loved the air tour over Canyonlands. Our pilot was a retired Natl park ranger, Larry. He was very knowledgeable and gave us a wonderful tour of the whole huge park in just one hour. Fabulous! Highly recommend. We booked River half day float trip - lunch was very good at a hotel on the river.
The water was low but we had a good trip down the river. We book the Hummer Sunset Safari.
It also was great. Not too scary. I was not afraid since these guy do this route every day.
We booked the jet boat dinner and lazor show. This was a big disappointment. There was no "jet boat" but a very slow flat boat. Dinner was good. The lazor show turned out to be shinning a big light at the rock walls. Waste of time.

Thanks for choosing us for your activities- All four of them! That's great! I am so pleased you enjoyed yourself for the most part. Although, I am sorry the Dinner and Night show was not what you expected. Thank you for posting your review and telling a little bit about the activities. It is always great for people to have as much information as possible when choosing which activities will best suit their needs.
Again, thanks for choosing us to host your Moab Adventures. I hope we'll get to see you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We did this tour on the recommendation of a guy I work with and it was EXCELLENT! Our guide, Mike, did a super nice job, talked to everyone, made a couple stops in case people wanted to change seats, stopped for photos if anyone asked, etc. I was a little nervous and he talked me through it really well. My husband LOVED the tour, as I had thought he would when I booked it. We can't wait to go back. Moab is an awesome place to visit and Moab Adventure Center does a really nice job with their tours. I was not sure what to expect from a "Slickrock Tour," but it was not as fast as I was afraid it would be and that made it much less scary for me. The hummers they use can cover the terrain really well, at slow speeds and with the driver explaining things around you. Their reservation people were also VERY nice, and they accommodated us when we had to make a last minute change because my mother-in-law broke her hip. I would give them a five star rating, and I would give Mike, our guide, a five star rating as well.

I'm so glad we earned your 'Five Star' rating. I'll be sure to tell your guide, Mike he earned his five stars as well. Thanks for choosing to do your Slickrock Hummer Safari with us, and especially thanks for posting your review.

Hope to see you again soon!