My partner and I stayed at the Mayor's House for 3 nights during a tour of the National Parks in July 2013.
Whilst it's good value for money I didn't think it was amazing for the following reasons;
* Reserving a room at the B&B was quite a strange experience. As it's now 2013, we are pretty used to booking online, so I filled out their form on their website (twice) but after 1 week never heard back. I then emailed them directly and got no response. I then resorted to calling (so old school) and made a booking. Even upon asking for an email confirming my reservation (which is kind of standard), I got an answer saying "it's in our reservations book". If this was 1995 then fine but I just found this kind of strange.
* The room (the Indian Room) was in the basement with no natural light, and I mean virtually none whatsoever, it was like being in a prepper's bunker without the canned food. It was seriously depressing. The main lighting was very bright neon which may work in a hospital but not for a B&B.
* The 'no locks' rule. We both found it strange that we were not given keys to our room. Upon asking about this, we were instructed not to lock either our room's door, or the door to the basement rooms as there wasn't any crime. This just felt a bit unnerving as we both had laptops, iphones and ipads in our room. All it takes is for one dodgy guest....
On the plus side, the rooms were spotless and the breakfasts quite delicious, so if you were to book a room that is NOT in the basement area I think you may enjoy the whole experience a lot better. In line with the other reviews, the owners are also very nice. The location is good and a mere 10 mins walk to the main road.
I must admit I felt Moab as a town was over-rated and I think two nights is more than enough, the main street was just a main road and it was overall pretty charmless. I don't know why so many American friends raved about it. Maybe I was missing something. I just found it overall pretty drab, nothing like Springdale, Utah which is the town on the border of Zion National Park which was a great spot. Arches was amazing though, as was Canyonlands and Dead Horse Point State Park!
- Also Known As:
- The Mayor`s House Hotel Moab
- The Mayor`s House b&b
- The Mayor's House Bed And Breakfast Moab, Utah