“Great Guide, Great Day!”
Review of Magpie Cycling

Magpie Cycling
Ranked #27 of 62 Tours in Moab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Outstanding Mountain Biking Trips in Moab, Canyonlands National Park, Kokopelli Trail, the Grand Canyon North Rim, and between Bryce & Zion National Parks. We offer Multi-Day Mountain Biking/Camping Trips, Inn Style MTB Vacations, Private Guided Rides, and Mountain Biking Instruction. We have itineraries for all levels of ability and experience; from total novice to seasoned adventurers with excellent fitness. You'll be inspired and rewarded on a trip with Magpie Cycling!!!
Kirkland, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Guide, Great Day!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I hadn't been to Moab before and hadn't ridden mountain bikes for many years (e.g., before full suspension bikes existed) so we booked a day with Magpie to help us get familiarized with the bikes and the area. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Maggie was great on the phone setting everything up and Mike was a great guide. He met us in the morning and helped get our pedals on and our bikes and our pedals on. He took us to a trail area with a variety of terrain so he could find the appropriate balance of fun and challenge for us. He gave us some great technique tips and when we took breaks we shared some good laughs and enjoyed the wealth of information he had about the natural setting. He was super personable and gave us great tips on other nearby areas we'd enjoy cycling during our visit and for restaurants in Moab. Thanks Mike and Maggie!

Petaluma, California
“Maggie and Kathy awesome guides for White Rim Trail”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We joined Maggie and Kathy for four days of the White Rim Trail. The trip was magical and Magpie found the perfect balance of being there and not being there. The food was excellent and gluten free. The only thing we felt seemed lacking was some shade but we are advised that they are working on outfitting their rig to include just that. Where's that wealthy benefactor when you need one!

Maggie set up a perfect tour for us. It was challenging (especially for me who was the least fit of the group) and educational (as much as you want it to be) and safe. Yet, we all felt wonderfully unfettered.

Strongly recommend Magpie and strongly recommend the White Rim Trail. Great trip!

Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Day with Maggie”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We were in Moab last mwee and spent Saturday with Magpie Cycling and Maggie as our guide. Since we want to do more mountain biking in the future and we will most likely invest in new bikes, we figured investing in a day with a pro was a good investment. We were right! Maggie was a great teacher. My husband is better than I am. Maggie picked a trail that challanged us both (admittingly, I had to walk some of it, but she said upfront - no shame in walking). We both had a great time and learned alot. We will do a multi-day with Magpie in the future.

Telluride, Colorado
“The north rim of the Grand Canyon w/ Magpie”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This review is late by about 17 years but upon hearing that I can again experience the best mountain biking multi day trip I have ever been on I got so excited I figured I'd finally share the fun in anticipation of going again in June. The riding was smooth fast and super fun. The food is always excellent w/ Magpie. As a chef I am always happy for the level of the trail food these guys whip up. The views- much of the riding is along the canyon rim- are vast, varied and mind blowing. This trip has always been one I wished to repeat...and soon I will do just that. Can hardly wait.

Visited May 2013
“Maggie - Let's Ride Bikes!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

How I already miss Maggie and her wonderful personality and easiness about her. I wish I were going out riding with her tomorrow. I was on a guys weekend with 4 other buddies and we used Magpie Cycling Adventures. Some were on different riding levels so they split off with either Awesome Mike or Clark, to go at their own pace. Maggie's disposition and knowledge of the area is second to none. I'm already thinking of the next trip back to do the Porcupine Trail and all of slickrock with Maggie. Thanks to Maggie and her staff for making our trip a "Grand Slam!"

Visited May 2013

Been to Magpie Cycling? Share your experiences!