“Good Stay / Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Quality Suites
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Marshall, Missouri
“Good Stay / Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My wife & I recently returned from a trip that included a two night stay at this hotel.
Prior to traveling, I spent time online looking for places to stay in Moab. I was somewhat surprised that several hotels were sold out and most places were more expensive than what I was expecting. My thinking was that children were back in school and the family vacations had ended, so availability should be good and the rates would be low. Once we arrived, we soon discovered that there were many Europeans and Asians visiting this beautiful region of the U.S. The Quality Suites had a "No Vacancy" sign up when we checked in.
As with most reviews, one gets a mix of both positive and negative reports on how individuals perceive their experience while staying at the hotel. As for us, the time we spent at this property was pleasant. The hotel was clean and well kept. Despite being sold out and located on Main Street, the hotel was quiet and we got a good night of sleep in a comfortable bed. We had a computer notebook with us and the Wi/Fi was strong in the room. The breakfast that was included, had many items to select from and plenty of food to go around. The breakfast area is small and we had to wait a few minutes to have a seat one morning.
The location of the Quality Suites was excellent! we enjoyed two great restaurants that were a very short walk from the hotel. The Blu Pig (BBQ) and The Moab Brewery (variety). There is a strip mall next door with a "Family Dollar" and grocery store.
We paid a little more than we would of liked but we were very pleased with our visit. If we return to Moab we would probably return to the Quality Suites.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were on a 16 day vacation and Moab was towards end of trip, so we had already stayed in quite a few places. Quality Suites was very nice, clean and rooms were large enough for four adults.
I especially liked the little sitting area in room. The popcorn machine in lobby, was an extra treat, the staff was very gracious about making us some.
The breakfast was excellent, good selection of food.
We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank pammartino
Lynden, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel used to be a Comfort Inn, but was evidently "downgraded" to a Quality Inn. They have remodeled, but some of the work is substandard. The room was large and the bed was comfortable and it had all of the usual amenities, but it was obvious that the vinyl flooring in the bathroom had been laid over the old tile floor and it was not secured at the threshold. The air conditioner was fairly noisy. The breakfast area was not nearly large enough for the number of guests so it was necessary to sit outside of the food area. I realize that this is a tourist area, but for the price charged I did expect a little better accommodations. That said, all of the hotels I checked in the area seemed to be very high priced. The front desk did adjust my bill when I asked why I had been told by the reservations line that they wouldn't give a AAA or Senior discount. If you want to visit this National Park hub, you will have to expect to pay up to double what you might in another location for similar room.

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

The room was not maintained properly. The bed was not changed, the pillow covers had some dirt marks on them. The room had couch, TV, tiny refrigerator and a microwave. Everything except the bed could have been okay if the price wasn't so high for the rooms. We had stayed for 2 days. Breakfast was nice with good selection. Next time I will not considered this hotel if I m in Moab.

1 Thank dgnr77

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Greenville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I took a family vacation to Moab and our relative chose this hotel in advance. Upon arriving the room keys were not set to open the outside and room doors which was annoying. Once I saw the roll-away bed which was an extra fee, I was worried. The bed laid horrible. I kept the others awake with the noise the metal supports made. It was a shame the couch was not a pull out because I can sleep slightly better on them. We stayed two nights and night two I tried the mattress on the floor which was not much better since it was a thin mattress. The rest of the room was average. It was hot in the room all night even with the ac running continuously. The carpet was worn and the room smelled like some smoked in it previously. The breakfast was good and the dining space was adequate. I did not use the pool or other facilities.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Shelbina, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

First of all, Moab hotel rate are high. This said the Quality Suites was the most reasonable I could find. The hotel could stand a good cleaning and updating. Room did stay cool and water was hot for showers, but none of us walked on carpet barefoot. Enjoyed the whirlpool and there was a decent exercise room. Front desk workers were very helpful and efficient. Beds weren't bad, but could hear people on floor above us walking around. Breakfast was good with plenty of seating and eggs, sausage, potatoes plus all the other typical hotel breakfast fare. Would I stay here again - probably not.

Room Tip: Get the top floor so you don't get noise from people above you.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

After we lost our room at The Big Horn which suddenly became a non pet hotel at the end of June (but neglected to mention that anywhere on its website) I was left with about 3 hours (in an area with very little cell service) to find a pet friendly hotel on a holiday weekend. This place was great on the phone - fast friendly and efficient. The price was within 10 dollars of most of the other less expensive places in town and our room turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Comfortable, clean and spacious, nice sitting area , large tv, microwave and fridge. I've got nothing to complain about. We walked to dinner at the microbrewery which had a great menu (& lots of vegetarian dishes) and really good brews. There are any number of other places you can walk to as well. I'm looking forward to breakfast and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013