“Not clean”

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Western Nebraska
“Not clean”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

My boyfriend and I, along with another couple, just returned from Moab (July 29-Aug 1) and we stayed at the Super 8. I would not recommend this hotel as we had several issues.
We didn’t check in until late (11 pm) and we wanted to pay cash, however the front desk told us we couldn’t pay cash because they had already put the cash box away. We had to give them our credit card and were told that we could pay cash when we checked out, which we did. When we returned home we noticed that there was a charge on our card for the 3 nights and an additional charge for $168. We called the hotel and they said they would refund the first charge since we have already paid cash and they said the second charge was for another room that was under our name that we never showed up for. We have no idea where this came from or why they would have had another room under our name, but they said they are going to credit our card back.
This hotel is on the edge of town, so you have to drive downtown to shop and/or eat.

Other issues:
-We had to get our room keys reset every day because they weren't working. The couple with us didn't have this problem, so I'm assuming it was just a problem with our door/card reader.
-The hotel is pretty dirty. It has a strange smell and the rooms were not clean.
-The couple traveling with us ended up with several bites, presumably from bed bugs. The breakfast area is always very crowded and is not that great (donuts, cereal, coffee, toast, bagels, juice, etc.) We only ate there one day and we saw the hotel staff restocking the donuts without any gloves on, so that pretty much ruined our appetite. We ate at Denny’s a couple times and it was very good.
-We heard a guest complaining about the WiFi not working.

Here are some other reviews about area restaurants.
Moab Diner-We ate breakfast there and Denny’s was much better. This place is not very clean.
Eddie McStiff’s-Overated. The food (we ate there for lunch) was not that great.
Moab Brewery-Very good! Great atmosphere and the prices were reasonable.
The Brandin Iron-Clean place with good food. We ate dinner here and would recommend it.
Wake & Bake Café and Moab Creamery-not impressed with their ice cream selection, they just have the basics (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, rocky road, etc). We ended up getting some iced coffee drinks and there were good, but a little pricey.

We rented UTVs from Moab Outback and thoroughly enjoyed our time, even though we only had them for less than 4 hours. Next time we’ll get them for a full day!
We took the daytime jet boat trip with Canyonlands and would recommend it. Rory was a great guide and it was neat to see the river and the rocks.
We also visited Arches National Park and Deadhorse State Park. Both parks are neat and worth a visit.
We will be returning to Moab, but we won't be staying at the Super 8.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Boddie_Man
RamadaMoab, Management Liason at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, August 22, 2009
Thank you for your posting. Our staff takes a lot of pride in offering a clean room. I could not find any cleaning problems reported by guests on Aug. 2, 2009. It is customary for us to help guest find an alternative room if they have problems with the room they are assigned to for whatever the reason may be; Unfortunately, what the hotel doesn't know, it can't help resolve. However, I have communicated your comment to the manager and he will follow-up with your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Ohio
Reviewed July 8, 2009

We stayed one night in a room with two queens. It was okay but it had a moldy/ humid smell. Beds were clean though. Wouldn't want to stay there again if I wasn't desperate.
The kids enjoyed the pool though.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your posting. We are asking our housekeepers to air out the room daily to periods of high season.
We apologize that this was not done during the morning of your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Reviewed June 30, 2009

It was only $69 a night, and in my experience, you get what you pay for, so I was skeptical. The majority of the reviews indicated that it was older, basic, but clean. I was looking for a budget option, so I booked. I got older and basic, but I did not get clean.

I’m not a clean freak, but I do expect not to stick to the tables. The small table in the room was so covered in dirt that your clothes, skin, papers, etc. would stick to the surface. I took one of the washcloths and started a full clean. That white washcloth was a very gross brown color by the time I was done. I brought antibacterial wipes on the trip, and I used almost all of them on that room. There was some sort of goo stuck to the carpet, which I couldn’t completely remove. The worst part was the beds. I woke up the first night at 2am lying directly on the bare mattress. The bottom sheet was not fitted (which most hotels do for simplicity) and it was too small, so the slightest movement would pull it out, and subsequent movements would shift it out from under your body. I was so disgusted that I almost hopped in the shower right then and there. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, thinking it was just that one sheet, but this happened repeatedly.

The staff was friendly, but very poorly trained. We needed to have something mailed to the hotel. The girl at the front desk couldn’t tell me the address of the hotel to save her life. She ended up looking in the phonebook, which ended up being incorrect. When we checked out, a different employee couldn’t figure out how to run a credit card. The breakfast food was mediocre. I always ended up getting breakfast just before it closed for the day, and the place was disgusting by the time I got there. There were crumbs and trash all over the table. The staff must put it out at 6am and not touch it again until they have to clean up.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank c_happyplaces
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed June 25, 2009

We only stayed one night in Moab. While on a road trip we made these reservations only 1 day prior to arriving and this limited us to availability in town. The was not very friendly or helpful. The room was old and the carpet was a bit shabby. The hallway had a terrible smell that thank goodness did not permeate into the room. Not sure when the last time the bedspreads had been changed or washed. While they offered a continental breakfast, we passed. OK if you're on a budget.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We sayed here in May, it was kind of a last minute trip and this was the most reasonably priced hotel we could find. (109 a night). It was on the main road thru Moab but not right in the heart of all the shopping/ restaurants. Which was fine for us. It is actually on the end of town closest to Arches which was our favorite place :) The hotel worked for us because they accept pets. I think there was a $10 fee. They said they had High speed Internet in the rooms. The two nights we staeyd it wasnt working. They did have a good free breakfast in the mornings. Crowded but there was a lot of food to choose from. We dud not use it but looked like it had a nice outdoor pool.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We liked this town - it was very busy and unlike other tourist towns, the prices were reasonable. The hotel was very good. The breakfast was busy, but adequate.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2009

I've stayed here a few times, and I like it every time. Relatively cheap for Moab, nice, clean, decent-sized (tho not huge) rooms. Plenty of vending, decent continental breakfast. Wifi worked great, there's a computer in the lobby too.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo