“Our stay was horrible!!!”
Review of Super 8 Moab

Super 8 Moab
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Moab
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Our stay was horrible!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had no air conditioning and it was over 100+ degrees outside. We got no help from the night manager or maintenance person. They were not helpful and provided no solutions. We could not believe the lack of concern. We will never stay at a Super 8 again!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Your experience is quite out of the ordinary. I have forwarded your email to the hotel manager. She will make sure the problem is addressed and corrected. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Polish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Upon hearing of a wildfire within 5 miles of our home, we had to cancel our vacation and return home. We wound up checking out within one hour of checking in. The desk clerk was so understanding. Without prompting on my part, she contacted her manager to see if we could check out without being charged for the room. When I informed the desk clerk that the room had been prepaid with my booking through Hotels.com, she consulted with her manager again and informed me to contact Hotels.com. who, in turn, would contact Super 8 Moab because I was outside the free cancelllation window. She assured me that Super 8 Moab would advise Hotels.com to approve the free cancelllation, given the circumstances. She even looked up the toll-free number of Hotels.com for me. They were fantastic during this stressful time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel has been renovated and the materials are hard-working and functional. The only issue was access to the room. It often took more than one time to get the door open. The staff was very helpful and directed us to the Ramada which is their sister hotel in Moab to use a computer attached to a printer. The bed was extra firm but we slept well.

Room Tip: Something on the first floor is nice because you don't have to carry luggage far.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Everything about this hotel is excellent except the breakfast which isn't worth your time, nothing but cheap carbs. However, the room was the best room I've ever stayed in for this price range and actually for any range interms of the efficiency of the organization and usefulness for the traveler. Rolling table for work or eating. Great storage space for suitcases or backpacks. Excellent and convenient location. Terrific outdoor heated swimming and hot tub. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms and location seemed fine. Quiet was not an issue.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OneTravelerColorado
Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This was one of the few hotels that had vacancy the weekend of May 18-20 2012. Due to a personal emergency I was not able to take the trip but I can say that I spoke with 3 different individuals - including Ronnie - the manager and was amazed at the service promptness and politeness that I was offered. There is no question that when I have the opportunity to stay in Moab again I will try to reserve a room with Super 8 first. In a time when it is extremely difficult to conduct any kind of business with a service company the staff at Super 8 was over the top accommodating to me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
NewHampshire
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Rooms are updated with modern decor but many guests had trouble with the door cards. We had ours rekeyed three times and no exaggeration, sometimes you had to slide the card 20-30 times and then we sometimes had to go find an employee to get us in the room. Breakfast choices are limited, donuts, english muffins, bagels (only jelly&butter, no cream cheese) and 2 kinds of cold cereal, room temperature milk. Coffee will leave you wanting to make a stop at nearby Maverick for a good cup. Staff was friendly and helpful and they have laundry facilities which we used, $1.00 for wash/$1.00 for dry..very reasonable. Beds were reasonably comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I'll start off by saying that my rating of this motel is not based upon the quality of the rooms. Unfortunately, I did not get to stay in Moab. I made an online reservation based upon the fact that their website said they accommodated pets with a fee. I thought $180/night was crazy for a Super 8, but nothing else was available. Upon arriving on site, they informed me that no pets were allowed and that they would charge me $100 fine if we stayed there. I showed them their website stating otherwise. They told me that the site hadn't been updated. I couldn't believe that the front desk wouldn't honor the information that is available on their site. I wasn't going to pay $280/night for a Super 8. After calling around, no other motels had pet-friendly rooms available and we were forced to backtrack 60 miles to Green River to find accommodations. Needless to say, the service was horrible and it ruined part of our vacation. I will not be staying at Super 8's in the future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Daniel S
RamadaMoab, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Moab, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for posting. We are sorry that we were unable to accommodate you and your pet at the hotel. Unfortunately, some website channels have not been fed the updated information.
Our hotel rates are always aligned with other national brand hotels in Moab. Our Super 8 is also upgraded from other Super 8 with big flat screen TV's, granite counter tops, all new furnishings.
The rate you listed is for our suites. Unfortunately, when you don't plan ahead, sometimes all the hotel has left is a suite. I recommend when you pull up website information to go ahead and make the reservation, so you can reserve the rooms you need and know what the rate is in advance. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels