“Nice -- But slow internet”
Review of Super 8 Moab

Super 8 Moab
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed at this motel because it was the least expensive chain motel I could find in Moab, that was ALSO listed in a travel guide published by a well-known organization. The room I had was nice, and spacious. It appears that the motel is undergoing some renovations. One thing that potential guests should be aware of is that the floors in the room were hardwood, not carpeted, however I did not see this as an issue. The one thing I DID have an issue with is the wireless internet was slow (Read this as unacceptable)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,897)

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed 2 night here. Complimentary breakfast was the usual and area was packed with fellow travelers. The pool area is nice and the spa is nice and big, there were 8 people in it and there was plenty of room. We had one of the new rooms that had 2 beds, table, refrig, coffee makers tv and plenty of room for us to hang out in. Best part was that it had multi plugs so we did not have to search for plugs for cell phones, etc. Within walking distance of Denny's.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My wife and I decided to take a risk with two children and give the Super 8 a shot. From our experience with other "bargain" hotels and previous Super 8's we were hesitant, but because they had suites listed we gave it a try.....a boy were we pleased. Bottom Line - the breakfast sucks, but the rooms are clean and recently updated and they have a great pool for the kids. Besides, being in Moab speaks to the kind of person you are, most like not one who is going to sit around in a hotel with two major national parks within miles. If you are looking for bargain, this is your place. Ideally situated close to both Arches National Park and the downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frogis3
Reviewed May 7, 2012

After reading and re-reading reviews of every single Moab hotel, I decided to take a chance on Super 8 based on the substantially lower price and the newer reviews of the remodeled rooms.

I was expecting a pleasant stay and was surprised that it was even better than I planned!! From the moment we arrived, the front desk ladies were beyond accommodating. I actually had to stop them in the middle of my check-in to tell them how friendly they were! One in particular, I wish I had thought to note her name! To our surprise, they welcomed us with a complementary upgrade from a standard king room to a suite (if you can benefit from a kitchen, I highly recommend the suite. The kitchen is very nice). They continued to do everything they could to make our stay fantastic, from restaurant recommendations, to promptly bringing extra towels and new batteries for our tv remote.

The suite will be top notch as soon as they finish the outdoor part of the remodel for the patio, which looks like it may be the next part on their to-do list.

I am a little high maintenance when it comes to how updated hotel rooms look...basic/run down motels make me cringe. My boyfriend said he didn't care where we stayed....but ended up remarking how nice the room was more than once. The new rooms are so nice! They make you feel like you are staying in fancy hotel without the high price. Very modern looking furniture and hardwood floors. Super nice flat screen tv. Really comfortable beds, the pillows are pretty flat as most hotel pillows are...we just brought our own.

Great pool with lukewarm water....feels great in the hot sun. Nice hot tub, perfect for after a long day.

Short walk from town, most of the hotels are except for a few right in the center...but these rooms are worth the 30 second drive or 5 minute walk.

My complaints are hardly worth mentioning...because I would stay there all over again regardless. But in case they could be helpful to someone else, the HBO channel was a little fuzzy...still watchable, but a little distracting. If you have a bottom floor, you can hear the upstairs people walking around when it's dead quite...but we had our ac on and it wasn't a big deal. Just request an upstairs room. The hardwood floors make a the little bit of extra noise worth it. The continental breakfast seemed fine for the older couples staying there....toast, little doughnuts, cereal, English muffins, and juices. We skipped the breakfast and ate at some yummy cafe's in town. We probably would have done that anyway though.

Overall, I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone! Great job Super 8!

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room if you are a really light sleeper to avoid hearing the people above you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dani0711
Reviewed May 1, 2012

The hotel is located away from the town centre, though it's probably only a good 10 - 15 minutes brisk walk away. I stayed with four friends, for one night, out of season, whilst the hotel was undergoing renovation work. Fortunately, our rooms were all finished and very nicely appointed. The room was clean and it did have that freshly painted kind of smell to it. Sadly, there was no lift to the first floor which meant lugging out heavy suitcases up the stripped back stairs, past all the workmen's tools. The new Wi-fi network hadn't been installed, so the only place you could access it was in the hotel lobby.

We enjoyed a reasonably good breakfast, from the buffet provided.

Once they've finished renovating it this will be a decent hotel offering good value accommodation for those visiting the nearby Arches Parkland.

Room Tip: Take a small lightweight suitcase if you have a room on the first floor, as you'll have to lug i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The A/C barely worked, but was so dirty that it may have been better to not use it anyway.
The front desk prided itself on being difficult in every encounter, and the breakfast consisted of old donuts or fruit loops. The coffee cups were 6 oz stryrofoam so you would have to go back several times which helps stretch out their terrible coffee, I imagine.
The pool was cold, the hot tub was barely warmer.
The walls are paper thin so you can hear everyone above and next to you, not to mention the traffic on the road. They offer free parking if available, but every hotel in Moab has free parking.
For the price there are way better hotels in Moab... all of them.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This property is newly remodeled. Room was very pleasing to the eye. Large flat screen tv! Bed was comfortable. Pillows almost always seem to be an issue; these were hard and skinny; we were glad we brought our own. I would recommend this hotel to most people and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was first floor and we could hear the people walking/stomping upstairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple