“Wonderful customer service and great value!”
Review of Super 8 Moab

Super 8 Moab
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed April 13, 2011

For some reason my online reservation had been sent to a different location (even though my reservation print out showed the Moab location), but Crystal spent at least a half hour and 5-6 phone calls to make sure that I was not charged a no-show fee at the other location. The motel was very busy and she was the only one at the front desk. She juggled guest's needs and kept a smile on her face. The property is fairly new and my room was very clean and comfortable.
Not happy about the reservation problem, but Crystal did a great job of taking a negative situation and making it positive. THANKS!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed March 30, 2011

We chose this hotel because it was a bit less expensive than others in Moab. Big mistake! It would have been so worth paying the extra $40-$60 to stay elsewhere. The staff was rude and abrasive, the lobby reeked of cigarettes in this non-smoking establishment, the rooms were small, cramped and outdated, the beds were hard and terribly uncomfortable, the breakfast was loaves of white bread and donuts....please heed our advice and make a better choice than we did!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank kagj814
RamadaMoab, Director of Sales at Super 8 Moab, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

We apologize you did not have a good stay with us. We offer a clean and comfortable room at a good value. In poor economic times, we like to help our guests save on their lodging costs. We hope the savings can help families on gas and food on vacations.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I've stayed here 5 or 6 nights over the last few years. It's not the best Super 8 I've stayed in, but definitely not the worst either. Nothing fancy here...... clean queen beds, cable TV, microwave, fridge, continental breakfast.
But for the $54-70 rates (I always call and reserve at least 2 weeks in advance!), there's not much in Moab that can compete.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

I had a room on second floor. When air conditioner was activated fan blew a hundred dead bugs and dirt onto the large round table. I shut it off and cleaned up, but when it activated later it happened again. Cleaned up a second time and moved table. Staff did not seem too interested.

Later I noticed that the blanket on queen bed I used had age/wear holes of 1-2" diameter. Mattress uncomfortable. All was passed onto to front desk. I was in town due to car break down. If not for that I would never have stayed here. Worst Super 8 Motel I have experienced.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2011

OK, so we arrived in late December, and thankfully pulled in late and out early. Noticable black pathways down the corridor carpets and in the travelled area of the room. Heater control knob broken and heater vents unclean with bread crumbs etc. Yuck all the way around.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LaStrada
Reviewed November 22, 2010

I stayed there recently for two days, and had no choice of hotels due to my empoloyer booking the room there. I am not sure how much the room (double beds) cost, but I did note there were others getting rooms for about $50.00.

I saw the previous bad reviews about bed bugs, so I was pretty freaked out about the place. However, I didn't have any issues with bed bugs that I was aware of. Of at least, I don't think there were any. I have no known experience with them, so I am speculating I would know if my bed had any or if I was to have been bit by a bunch of them.

Check in was easy, the staff friendly enough, and the room generally clean. The carpets in the room and hallways were somewhat worn, and the hotel defintely had a worn effect. I wouldn't say it was bad, just not new in appearance. The furniture was cheap but not too bad. My room was of adequate size. Someone in an earlier review said his/her room was small. My room was not big, but of average size for a motel of this nature. I wouldn't call it small.

The TV remote was difficult to operate, seemingly due to the buttons being worn out. The TV had a good selection of channels, and had a good picture.

The A/C / Heater seemed to work okay, and wasn't too loud.

The wi-fi service worked well, the signal was good, and was of suitable speed.

My room was relatively quiet, and I only rarely heard other guests occasionally in the hallways.

The shower was good, although the water pressure was a tad bit low. An energy saving shower head would have improved water pressure.

The parking lot seemed to be fairly well lit, and I felt like my car was secure.

The breakfast was simple and cheap, with donuts, bagels, cereal, etc. Nothing to brag about, and lots of carbs, but not too bad. I would have liked to have seen some fruit or yogurt though.

Overall, I would say my experience was decent compared to what I assume was the price of around 50 dollars each night. If on a tight budget, I would consider staying there again. I did not experience any "problems" while there.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I stayed at this motel on 10/22 & 23/2010. I returned home on 10/24 to find that I was covered in welts that my physician has confirmed as bed bug bites. I unfortunately did not see these reports before booking my stay at the Super 8. It is apparent that the management has known about this issue for months and have done nothing about it. Bed bug bites are very unpleasant and carry the risk of disease transmission and serious infection. Do NOT stay at this motel!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business