All reviews pancake house room was clean checking in shops and restaurants would stay here again great room grocery store the main street pool and hot tub hampton inn microwave keurig parks arches queen
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We enjoyed our two-night stay here. Apparently after reading some of the other reviews, there must be a couple rooms at this hotel which have not been renovated. Our room was one of the renovated rooms and we found it to be very comfortable.

Pros:
modern renovation (flat screen TV, updated decor)
nice bathroom
comfy beds
mini fridge and microwave
clean

Cons:
Our room was at the top of the stairs so it was noisier than we'd have liked.
no continental breakfast
towel rack was hung at the back of the shower so it's not a great place to keep dry towels.
room is a little dark

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
RamadaMoab, Management Liason at Hotel Moab Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2010

Thank you for your review. Our staff works very hard to maintain a quality hotel with excellent service. Please come again.

Reviewed October 25, 2009

October 11,2009 , found at the Ramada Moab,Utah,while part of a Trafalgar bus tour called Best of the Canyonlands.We arrived at the hotel by 6pm........I was disappointed to see it's what I call a strip motel with all rooms accessible by outdoors.An upstairs and a downstairs, we were put in adjoining rooms on the upper level. I would think the steps might be slippery were it a wet day.
When I entered my room 3206,I was pleasantly surprised.All was lovely,clean and a great desk and TV to boot..........
Headed off to eat nearby at the Szechuan Restaurant, great food but very poor customer service.After that,you'll find hotel in great walking distance of lots of shops and even a grocery store.No need for a car if you are at the Ramada Moab.
I was able to use the one computer in the lobby so this was a great service provided by the hotel at no charge.They also have free tea/coffee in the lobby.
The breakfast at the Pancake Haus next door was not good,and no one in our group was pleased with it.I would stay at the Ramada Moab again, as no real complaints there,but I would not venture into the Pancak Haus which,strangely enough,had no pancakes on our tour group buffet.Worst brekkie on our tour!
Overall,the experience was very positive and staff was friendly and helpful.Great room,would recommend to anyone if you're not too picky........Enjoy,we did!

Stayed: October 2009
4  Thank dogsrule
RamadaMoab, Management Liason at Hotel Moab Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2009

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Our hotel offers an exterior access which is popular with outdoor adventurer who often travels with much gears. It is also popular with families on vacation who may have lots of luggage to unload/load.
We offer modern rooms that are clean.
We apologize you did not have a good group breakfast experience at the Pancake Haus. We will take your comments into considerations when it comes to our group menu review. However, it will entail figuring out how to keep our signature pancakes tasting good when it is being warmed on a buffet table.
Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed October 24, 2009

The hotel was neither better nor worse than I expected. It's located in the "downtown" of the tiny Moab, which is much better than other joints right by the side of the dusty Route 191.

The hotel serves no breakfast, but there's a "Pancake Haus" right next to it, which is the designated breakfast place. The "haus" is quite small and the staff overworked. We had to wait in line, so the lesson is get there early to beat the crowd. The cost of breakfast came as a surprise: airport/diner prices, ~$8...10 per person for something simple. Paying $35 for two adults and a child to have some pancakes is an overkill. Beware.

The quality of food at Pancake House you will have to decide for yourself. I thought it was mediocre (but I'm not picky so I don't care that much), while my wife loved it. Your mileage will vary.

The room was Ok. Clean (important!), but dark. Noise insulation was so-so. No big deal since we came to Moab for the outdoors, really. We arrived at around noon, but were told the check-in was at 3pm and no sooner. Ramada seemed to be packed to the hilt, so they were cleaning at the time and no rooms were available. I can understand that.

Note: when checking in, ask for a quiet room! A lot of people come for the off-road, 4x4 experience with their monster trucks and buggies in tow. The last thing you want is roaring of engines in front of your room early in the morning. You've been warned. ;)

What surprised me about Moab, not the hotel per se, was the lack of decent places to eat. The Mexican restaurant next to Ramada was actually Ok, but some of the other restaurants near it were plain crappy. Again, we're not picky, but for a tourist town the whole dinning experience sucked. Given the hotel's good location, everything was within walking distance. If we stayed further out at one of the inns, we would've had to drive back and forth all the time (unless you want to eat at Danny's three times a day).

I did thorough research before booking at Ramada. All hotels claim better proximity to the arches, but it's irrelevant. You still have to drive there +/- 5 minutes, and then drive for miles and miles in the park itself. So the argument of who's closer to the arches is totally moot.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Yukka_traveller

Thank you for your online review. We are happy to hear you had a good stay with us. Our entire staff prides itself to provide clean and quality rooms to our guests.
Our Pancake Haus restaurant is very popular with locals and visitors. Often during peak hours, like other popular restaurants, there is a short wait.
We look forward to your stay with us again.

Reviewed October 21, 2009

Be warned! Not all the rooms in this motel have been renovted and certainly dont look like the images on the Ramada website! We checked in on 7th October and the friendly but very unclean welcome received should have started the alarm bells ringing! Upon arriving at our room our fears were confirmed, old shabby room! Dirty carpet, peanuts under the bed, blocked drains, plug sockets hanging from the walls, towels so old, stained and threadbare I actually dried myself with a tissue while waiting for the tub to drain from the shower.. clearly the blocked drains needed looking into! The only plus point would be the plasma TV in the room, however I would rather they spent the cash on the room rather than a plush TV! Since we arrived very late and extremely tired following an 8 hour road trip we chose to stick it out and just leave in the morning. You might get lucky and get a nice new renovted room but if you dont... run for the hills!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AngelFishLush

I apologize if you did not have a nice stay in our economy room. There are 8 rooms at our hotel that are not renovated and it has been disclosed, which is why our economy rooms are sold for less money.
Our housekeeping department pride itself on cleanliness. I apologize if your room did not meet our own expectations. I will relay your comments to our head housekeeper, who typically does an excellent job.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2009

Our room was remodeled at some point and the pillows and bed were comfortable. Had refrigerator which was a plus. The hand towels and wash cloths were very thin and needed to be replaced. No continental breakfast was offered as a pancake restaurant was on the same property. We thought the price of the room with no continental breakfast made this one of our more expensive rooms as compared to competitive motels. On another trip would check another motel first.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
RamadaMoab, Management Liason at Hotel Moab Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2009

We are happy to learn you enjoyed our room. We are a full service hotel with an onsite breakfast restaurant in the center of town. Our breakfast restaurant allows guests to enjoy a hot cooked to order breakfast and for those who do not like cold continental breakfasts that are served at most limited service hotels.