“The extra smile went a LONG way” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Moab Downtown

Hotel Moab Downtown
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Moab
Chesapeake, Virginia
“The extra smile went a LONG way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Ramada durring the Half Marathon and was very very satisfied. Let me begin with the fact that this is one of their Busy weekends and the fact that we found a room was amazing. When we arrived the staff was working as fast as they could to get people in and the lobby was packed with people trying to check in before 3pm. The staff was very helpful and I witnessed them trying to be as helpful as they could under the extreme pressure. I checked in with the desk and was told that it would be a short wait for my room. We went and had a quick bite and returned we got our keys adn checked in. I truly love staying here. The staff tries to be as helpful as possible and as understanding though I am surprised that they manage it with the way some of the guests treated them. I Always get a smile from them and a quick hello. I would continue to reccomend this Hotel any time of the year.

Room Tip: Request second floor and at the end. Clerk gave me this advice and it was very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice. The rooms are nicely updated, and have a mini fridge and microwave. The large flat screen TV was great. Loved the double shower head. They give you a $5 voucher for the restaurant. Great location in the middle of town. You can walk to shops and restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Courtmantravels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

My son and I stayed here for his spring break. The room was very nice and updated. Double shower head in the bathroom was great. Two double beds, very comfortable. Heating and air conditioning worked fine. Mini fridge and microwave a plus. Nice flat screen TV. Internet connection was good. They gave a $5 voucher for the Pancake Haus for breakfast, it was good, a little slow when crowded. The location of the hotel was great, walked everywhere in the main part of downtown. The pool was very nice, as was the 10 person hot tub. We were on the first floor, verynquiet room. We got a good price as we stayed 5 nights, with a 20% discount, although it was no refundable. Front desk was nice and helpful.

Cottonwood Heights, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay at the Ramada Moab Downtown. The newly updated rooms were very nice, the beds very comfortable. The location is great! I loved being within walking distance to shops and restaurants. We have stayed in Moab many times and I liked the Ramada and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a newly remodeled room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kmikk
Ottawa, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

I agree with the previous poster wholeheartedly. I too stayed here during the Canyonlands 1/2 marathon weekend and was disappointed. Ramada's are always hit-or-miss in my experience, and this one is definitely a miss. Check-in was a chore - there was a lineup almost out the door and just one very overworked (yet surprisingly chipper) clerk trying to get everyone processed.

I was put in one of the non-refurbished rooms as well, yet charged the same rate as everyone else. The room was dated, noisy, quite shabby and lacked a lot of the basic amenities that I would have expected. It also faced the main highway and was directly across the street from a noisy bar.

Other observations: No breakfast, very intermittent wifi and a general sense of apathy from most of the staff (with a few exceptions).

The first night I arrived in Moab I stayed at the La Quinta Inn near the south end of town. This hotel, in my opinion, is far superior to the Ramada. I will stay at the LQ next time I come to Moab.

Room Tip: Insist on one of the refurbished rooms
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank kanatakowboy08

Travelers are raving about these Moab hotels

Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

My husband and two small children and I stayed at The Ramada in Moab over the Canyonlands half marathon weekend. At first we were pleased with the location and the refurbed room we received. My friend (Wendy W) arrived the next day and was given a very old, not refurbished room above the lobby. I am very disappointed to read the managers response below because I accompanied Wendy to the front desk on her first day there and witnessed the conversation. Wendy expressed her extreme dissatisfaction with the condition of the room. Wendy was very specific about the dirty, creaky floor and toilet that did not flush. She also expressed frustration for being charged the same as the refurbished rooms. We even asked about other rooms. So the fact that management is posting such blatant fallacies is very disturbing and disappointing. The managements argumentative reply to her post is very much like the response I saw in person. No compassion was give to Wendy and her situation, the front desk clerk treated her like a bothersome enemy rather than a guest. Even if Wendy could not be accommodated any well trained staff would know how to apologize for her inconvenience and do the best to make her current stay comfortable.

Ramada clearly has taken steps to improve this location. However, I suggest they match some of the investment that has gone in to the refurbishment with better staff training in customer service. The old adage, "customer is king" is not followed here.

Also, this suggestion sounds pretty common sense but one would think that there would be fewer unhappy customers if the non- refurbished rooms went for a lesser rate. In our case both Wendy and I were charged the same. Wendy has no idea I am posting this or that I have read her post. I am a senior poster so I don't want anyone to think that my post is a conspiracy to drop Ramada's ratings. If management changed and I could be guaranteed to not get an old room, I would consider returning again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pmama
Cortez, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I really liked this hotel. The upgraded rooms are a good value and especially the ones on the north side of the property by Mill Creek. My room was clean and quiet. The staff were friendly. I kept having to change my reservation around due to weather and sicknes, and they were accomodating. There is a wonderful walking/biking/running path right by the hotel and its within walking distance of great places to eat. My only feedback is that in a water critical area such as Utah, the shower heads should be switched out to save water but that's just a personal thing.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business