“Great place to stay!”

Hotel Moab Downtown
Ranked #23 of 37 Hotels in Moab
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Room was really nice. Looked like a Hampton Inn the way the room was decorated. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Rooms were quiet and clean.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed March 18, 2012

I am absolutely disgusted by the rooms they are choosing to rent out to families. I feel that their practices and customer service is un-ethical. We checked in asking for a renovated room and the rude front desk girl told us "absolutely not. Your reservation is for an un-renovated room." Thinking fine, how bad could this be we went up to the room, and my breath was taken away. This room was DISGUSTING! I have a one year old baby, and was afraid to put her down in this room. The carpet was so dirty it was practically black. The wallpaper was coming off the walls and there were nasty stains on the filthy old chairs. The toilet did not flush and the tub would not drain in the teeny tiny bathroom that had dirt and hair in the corners. There was a gap in the wall between the air conditioner big enough for my one year old to get her fingers stuck. I went down to the front desk and expressed my dissatisfaction. The woman at the front got immediately confrontational and rude and told me there was nothing she could do. I asked to be refunded my second night so I could stay somewhere else where I could actually flush the toilet, and she told me "NO REFUNDS." I explained that I did not feel that it was ethical practices to be charging me the same amount for a dinky old room that she was charging my friend that got lucky enough to have a renovated room. She got even more rude and short with me telling me that there was nothing she would do and it was "per the owners that no refunds be given for any reason." I did not sleep that night because I was worried I would find a cockroach crawling on my baby's head. We woke up still, to find my baby's face covered in some sort of rash. I cannot believe that they would put a family with kids in a room that I feel is un-hygienic and un-safe, a room that they themselves would not stay in if they were to spend a night in their own hotel. That to me is what makes their practices un-ethical. And then to do nothing to try to make it right. We left after the first night, still being charged for two. I WILL NEVER STAY IN A RAMADA AGAIN.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Wendy W
RamadaMoab, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Moab Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Dear Wendy W:

Thank you for your comments. Your husband, Ken W (See Review from Ken W from Denver, CO), who stayed in the same room had agreed and booked for a room over a special event that had a 2 day stay minimum requirement. You were advised of the 2 day stay restriction at your time of booking, but did not want to honor your agreement. You reserved the room knowing the agreement. At check-in, you told hotel you had booked for 2 nights, but only want to be charged for 1 night. Hotel advised that rooms over the particular special event is a 2 night stay minimum and you had agreed to it in order to reserve the room. You and your husband, Ken W, registered and stayed at the hotel that evening. The next morning, you told front desk you were checking out and did not want to be charged for 2nd night. Again, the hotel advised you that you had agreed to a 2 night stay at time of booking and it would not be fair to other customers who also have agreed to the terms and are honoring their agreements. During your stay and also at check out, you did not once mention you were not happy with the room. You only advised hotel that you did not want to honor your booking agreement terms with the hotel.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

In my 45 yrs of life, this place has my award for WORST hotel & customer service ever. Desk clerks very unfriendly, seem annoyed that they had to work. Not helpful at all, with a I don't care about you or anyone else attitude. The room was a MESS, a fresh wet sticky stain on one of the chairs was a magnet for my 16 month old child. Big gap between A/C unit and wall, could see right out into the street. Bed was horrible, I wonder if they found this mattress in the dessert and stuck it in the room. Dirty water fixtures, mirrors, walls, ceiling and floors. My wall locker in the military was bigger then the bathroom at this hotel, you can shower while sitting on the toilet it is that small. A night in jail would of be a better stay in Moab than 5 minutes at the Ramada Inn Moab. We had two nights booked and we left after the first night it was just to much to take. I WILL NEVER STAY AT ANY RAMADA HOTEL EVER AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE AND I'LL ADVISE EVERYONE I CAN TO STAY AWAY FROM ANY RAMADA. So if you are reading this take my advice stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay at any other hotel other than the RAMADA.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ken W

Dear Ken W: Thank you for your comments. Your wife, Wendy W (See Review from Wendy W from Denver, CO), who stayed in the same room had agreed and booked for a room over a special event that had a 2 day stay minimum requirement. You were advised of the 2 day stay restriction at your time of booking, but did not want to honor your agreement. You reserved the room knowing the agreement. At check-in, you told hotel you had booked for 2 nights, but only want to be charged for 1 night. Hotel advised that rooms over the particular special event is a 2 night stay minimum and you had agreed to it in order to reserve the room. You and your husband, Ken W, registered and stayed at the hotel that evening. The next morning, you told front desk you were checking out and did not want to be charged for 2nd night. Again, the hotel advised you that you had agreed to a 2 night stay at time of booking and it would not be fair to other customers who also have agreed to the terms and are honoring their agreements. During your stay and also at check out, you did not once mention you were not happy with the room. You only advised hotel that you did not want to honor your booking agreement terms with the hotel.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is the third time we've stayed here, so I can finally give a definative opinion. The rooms above the lobby are old and small, but the ones in the wings are newly remodeled and are very nice. New HDTV's, comfortable beds, good size mini fridge if you stay several days and great showers with double showerheads. My only detraction this time was the restaraunt had poor service and not great food. With all the great places to eat in Moab you might as well give it a pass.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a remodeled room
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wyomingbusdriverjj
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I book this room through AAA because of the location and price. We were just passing through on our move from SLC to Texas, so just needing a place to sleep for the night.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the room! It appeared to have been recently renovated. Everything was modern and clean. The beds were super comfy. The bathroom had granite-like counter tops and a double showerhead in the shower.

In the sleeping area there was a nice flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, and a Keurig coffee maker.

Although we didn't use them, they also had a clean pool and hot tub.

Its also conveniently located within walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants.

I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for affordable, clean, and comfortable!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good location. Well stocked, clean, spacious room with decent coffee maker, fridge, microwave. Much better than the Hyatt Regency I stayed in in Albuquerque the the night before. Friendly staff, almost overly so, but I'll take it. Nice double showerhead. I had the misfortune of staying in the room just at top of metal stairs which proved to be pretty noisy. Price was more than reasonable though I was there in the off season. Would book again. Nice little park on the property and close to everything really. Parking can get really really tight if you are going out then coming back later in the night. Did hear a snorer in next room.

Room Tip: Don't let them put you in room at the top of metal stairs. you won't sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2012

At the time of our trip, there were renovated rooms in the back part of the motel and unremodeled rooms, I think near the road. We stayed in the renovated section and it was nice - quiet, comfy, and enough room for us and our outdoor equipment for several days. We were within walking distance of lots of restaurants - nice location in Moab. We had a good room rate, so it was a great alue too.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple