“Good Value”

Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Moab
New York
“Good Value”
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed two nights, and I think our only complaint was the inadequately small breakfast area, and the pool area was dark. (There might have been a light out.) The laundry room was a welcome sight with two washers and two dryers. The hotel thoughtfully has a sign posted to let you know how long each machine runs. WiFi worked just fine and I was glad to have my own laptop with me because there was not a time when the public PC in the lobby was free. I am a big fan of the large, walk-in shower stalls and pocket bathroom doors at Sleep Inns. There was no "No Vacancy" sign out front, so they had a hand-printed "No Vacancy" sign on the door, which I thought was a little weird. We got a really good rate by going through the hotel's own website with its 30-day advance discount code . Later, when I had to change my reservation to delete one night, a reservationist at Choice Hotel's 800 number could only make the change by raising the rate (since it was less than 30 days) so I called the hotel directly and there was no problem.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Korean first
London, England
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Standard quietmotel/hotel with friendly staff on south side of Moab. Standard amenities, no problem recommending this.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
San Jose
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed here for three nights. The rooms are average--maybe a bit small--in size. My biggest gripe was the very small sink/vanity area. Otherwise, the room was clean and the beds decent. There is a laundry area in the motel and the pool and spa are nicely kept. On the downside, the breakfast area is tiny and was always overcrowded in the morning. We had to wait in line while people wrapped around each other trying to toast bagels and get juice. I did hear an employee say that the motel was planning to expand it's breakfast area in 2010 (I hope so!). We also had problems getting an Internet connection, but it may have been a temporary service problem with the Internet provider. Overall, we had a decent experience here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Oklahoma City
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We stayed at Sleep Inn 4- 5 nights because of the recommendations here. We were not disappointed. With all that there is to do and see in the area, we basically wanted a clean room, reasonably quiet, comfortable bed with reasonable price of $60-$80. My partner has back trouble and she was complimentary about the bed. Looking at recent reviews, I am wondering if something has changed at that facility. It was a good value for us.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 16, 2009

The location within Moab was good. But the room could use updating. As far as I could tell there was not much of a selection in Moab for hotels above this class.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
Portland
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Rooms are small but very clean and the beds are very comfortable. The outdoor pool is very private, very clean and tremendously refreshing after a hot day touring Arches or Canyonlands National Parks. Complimentary breakfast is spartan but adequate,

The staff was competent but seemed indifferent. They kept me waiting at check-in while they had a private conversation in the back room, the desk clerks were usually found drinking coffee in the breakfast area or smoking outside by the front door. This was a little bothersome...their smoke wafted into the waiting area, and when the breakfast area ran out of coffee the clerks were resistant about making a new pot for the guests (myself).

That said, the staff was polite and competent. I would not hesitate to stay again,.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed April 15, 2009

We just stayed at the Sleep Inn for 3 nights this April. This is a typical motel, rooms are clean and okay size. We had a two queen bed room. The sink is outside the bathroom and the area is quite small and right next to the bed. The shower stall is a lot bigger than it looked. I had plenty of room showering together with my 4-year-old. The shower pressure is great! The breakfast area is small and the choices are limited, but it’s free, so I’m not complaining. There are two washers and 3 driers, so I didn’t have to wait to do my laundry. There are free wifi in the room.
The motel is on the very south end of Moab. Coming from north, you will pass the entire town from North Main street to Center street, then to South Main street. There are not much left south of Sleep Inn.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family