“Leave your comfort zone with confidence, knowing that Carl at Red River is taking care of you”

Red River Adventures
Fisher Towers Rafting Experience from Moab
$105.00*
Moab Canyoneering Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: No longer simply a rafting company, Red River Adventures is a leader in Moab multi-sport vacations! Don't be fooled by others offering "one stop" shopping only to be shuffled among the true providers once you arrive. We are the only guide service in town that holds permits to guide river, canyoneering, rock climbing, SUP and National Parks trips in house. On land or water our guides can do almost everything. For those trips we can't run ourselves, we've teamed up with some of Moab's best and will let you know, in advance, who will be guiding you. For one day or more we've got something for everyone!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Planning a family summer vacation that is safe, fun, and affordable can be a challenge. I wanted somewhere new, within the USA, involving outdoor activities that my wife, my two teenage boys (14 and 16) and I could learn about and enjoy together as a family. Luckily, I called Carl at Red River Adventures, explained what I was looking for, and he helped me construct a fantastic adventure vacation in Utah. Carl really listens to what you want and he has the knowledge, experience, and desire to help you achieve it.

With Carl as our "Utah Adventure Specialist," I was able to organize a tremendous number of wonderful and safe activities within our two week vacation: we canyoneered with Zion Adventure Company (hiked the Narrows and rappelled through some of Zion's amazing slot canyons), took a mule ride into Bryce, enjoyed an entire day off road adventure through Capital Reef with Hondoo Rivers and Trails, mountain biked in Moab for two days with Solfun (Heidi took us to Monitor & Merrimac and then to Dead Horse State Park), and we took two overnight river trips with Red River Adventures (the Perseids Meteor Shower trip to Fisher Towers and the 3 day paddle trip to Cataract Canyon).

I like to research tour outfitters for myself, especially when I am considering an activity that I am not too familiar with. I personally called 5 other river rafting tour companies specializing in Moab and each of the other outfitters have receptionists answer the telephone. These receptionists usually informed me that they don't have any first hand knowledge of the trips when I asked specific questions (they just had a list of available tours with prices and a sentence or two of description from their brochure), and on most occasions when I asked if I could discuss the available trips with someone more experienced so that I could select the proper trip for my family I was told that I would only be able to review any questions with the guides the day prior to the trip departure. With Red River Adventures, I was able to discuss my family's experience and interests with Carl (the owner of the company) and select the best trips for our family with confidence.

The river trips that we took with Red River Adventures were fantastic. The scenery was magnificent, the guides often focused our attention on points of interest along the way, the food was delicious (my wife is still trying to reproduce some of their salads at home), the guides taught us about river safety and were quick to warn us if there were any challenging sections of whitewater or other dangers, there was time for the boys to explore (hike) along the river and at the campsites. There was a very friendly feel to the entire adventure.

I would not hesitate to recommend anyone to Red River Adventures. I suggest you contact them if you are not too familiar with the trips being offered and someone knowledgeable (maybe even Carl) will be sure to point you in the correct direction. The quality and the safety of the trips is really impressive... Carl understands that families and couples want a unique, safe, fun and affordable experience and he is able to provide this in grand style.

I hope you have as much fun in Utah as we had!

2  Thank familyvacationdad

Reviewed September 30, 2010

On a trip throughout the South-West and all its National Parks, we made a stop at Moab for a day of touristic adventure with Red River Adventures, and we didn't regret it for a minut...

We are 4 young, Belgian people, who made a trip with a camper. In this post, I will probably make lots of spelling errors, since English (or Americanish?) is not my own language. Nevertheless, I hop that other travellers receive this information so that they could use it in making a choice between the different organisations of Moab.

At first, Red River adventure office seemed smaller and less professional then the Large Moab Adventures office in the centre of Moab. Fortunatly, we were greeted with very warm welcomes and treated on a nice, personal level. With this, Red River quickly earned our trust and our scepticism turned into good vibes and we all looked forward to the rest of the day.

In the morning we went for a Rafting trip. The trip was nice. The currents were less adventurous then we hoped, but we want to make great compliments to Red River Adventures and especially their guide, Ian. He was a very fun guide who managed to make the very best out of the trip. We laughed a lot, he guided us very well through the rapids,... The ride there and back a again was also enjoyable with lots of comments and info about the surroundings. By noon, all 4 of us were glad to have chosen for Red River Adventures and considered ourselves lucky in having great guides.

In the evening, we went for a horseback ride at Red Cliff's Lodge. Looking back at our entire trip, this was probably one of the greatest highlights. We were lucky to have a small group (just us 4 and a German woman), which made it possible for our guide to make the experience even nicer then expected. The horses were great animals (I liked them very much, especially in comparing them to the mule deers in other national parks) and the trip itself was absolutly great. We enjoyed a long ride in the sunset, following a river and some cliffs. Our sincere compliments for Red River in making this possible, it was really great!!!

I would greatly recommend other travellers to go with Red River Adventures on a day trip like we did. Their service is great, there guides are probably some of the best you'll ever experience, the material is very good. I would especially recommend the horseback ride in the evenings!

I hope other travellers enjoy trips with Red River adventures in the futur as much as we did.

Thanks again to Red River, especially to Ian and Melissa.

Hanne, Valerie, Willem and Benjamin (the 4 Belgium ninja's)

Reviewed September 8, 2010

From the booking stages to the final paddle high five this trip will be one to remember. My daughter, a timid 7 year old from NJ, and I rafted with Red River on August 27th and 28th and had just a wonderful time. Carl (owner) answered all our questions and concerns about the trip, and let me know how much of an adventure this would be for a seven year old prior to booking. So, even before stepping foot in a raft I felt really comfortable. The guides for our trip (Josh, Abby and Angela) did a great job both on the river and in camp. Very personable young adults who clearly love what they do. Good, quality meals were provided and all the camping gear and rafts were in good working order. For those of you looking for a big adventure in the eyes of a 7 year old go with Red River for the overnight Fisher Towers Tour.

1  Thank jtleo106
Reviewed September 3, 2010

The staff was very warm and welcoming from the start. We went on the Fisher Towers full day trip. Each raft had a guide and we each had paddles. Our party was large enough that we were also able to get 2 single kayaks on our trip. The rapids we encountered were Class II and III rapids which were exciting enough for us beginners. We had a very delicious lunch consisting of wraps and were given many choices of what to put in each of those wraps. They provided wet bags that easily fit all of our belongings. In the second part of the day, we were able to swim alongside the rafts in the non-rapids areas. It was a really good relaxing, chill,bonding experiences. Our guide was charming and entertaining.

1  Thank Caveman3980
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We did a half-day afternoon trip in mid-August guided by the charming, informative, entertaining and skilled Ian and had a terrific experience. Our group ranged from timid rafting novice to aggressive teen-ager with class 4 experience and we were all very satisfied with the trip. It ain't the Grand Canyon, but I doubt you can beat it for a one day chance to get on the river while passing through Moab. The canyon is beautiful, the water refreshing and lunch was a tasty, healthy spread. I'd go with them again and consider a longer trip if I had the time.

Been to Red River Adventures? Share your experiences!