“Dolores River”

$62.00*
and up
Moab Half-Day Rafting Trip
More attraction details
Owner description: No longer simply a rafting company, Red River Adventures is a leader in Moab multi-sport vacations! Don't be fooled by others offering "one stop" shopping only to be shuffled among the true providers once you arrive. We are the only guide service in town that holds permits to guide river, canyoneering, rock climbing, SUP and National Parks trips in house. On land or water our guides can do almost everything. For those trips we can't run ourselves, we've teamed up with some of Moab's best and will let you know, in advance, who will be guiding you. For one day or more we've got something for everyone!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked the 2 day rafting trip on the Dolores River in late April 2014. Don't know much about rafting (first time), and don't usually spend that much money on vacation, but we sure had a FANTASTIC time! That part of the river is usually too dry to raft down, so all the guides were really excited to be doing that particular route-which made it more fun for us. The four guides we had were all great (Ian, Morgan, Cody, Owen), really friendly and helpful, mainly they just tried to make sure we had a fun time (without being overbearing). The food they made was fantastic. Really was the highlight of our weeklong trip in Utah and would recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank A3969QQDavid_M

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We did the Rim to River day long adventure with Red River Adventures! What a fantastic day! I did a lot of research on Trip Advisor and other places to try to find the best company to go with. I'm so glad we picked this one. They were so great, professional, friendly and fun! Our guide's name was Morgan and he was wonderful - he made every minute thoroughly enjoyable. When we arrived in the morning, we signed our waivers and then we were given our harnesses for the first half of our day, which was canyoneering. Shortly after, we took a short bus ride to our stop. We had about a mile hike to the first cliff and we were given a safety talk and harnessed to the cables for our first rappel. Oh my goodness - that was scary! We watched the video online before we booked the trip, but when we actually got there it was terrifying! It's just not natural to walk off a cliff. Anyway, once we started going down, it was amazing and incredible and I can't even believe we actually did it. After the first rappel, we walked a short bit to the next one which was even higher. Still terrifying, but it shortly turned into fun, amazement and awe. What a rush! After the rappels we hiked out of the area for about two miles. It was a stunningly beautiful hike walking through the stream several times. Just lovely. Then, we were driven to the beginning point of our river trip. Morgan set out a wonderful lunch with all kinds of fresh veggies and meats for some wonderful wraps and sandwiches. It was delicious. Then we were ready for the river. Unfortunately, it was quite windy and cold that day, so poor Morgan was working extra hard rowing and fighting the wind to keep us where we needed to be. It was a great day and if I'm ever in Moab again, I will certainly go with Red River Adventures. Just a note if you do the trip - remember to bring hiking shoes for the canyoneering part and then some water shoes for the river. Or some good Keen type shoes that can do both. There is a lot of hiking. Also, use a hydration backpack too - that was very helpful.

2  Thank Jayne1234
Reviewed April 27, 2014

A friend and I used Red River Adventures (and guide Ian) for a canyoneering trip two years ago and completely enjoyed the trip. A week ago, several friends and I went back to Moab and wanted to try a canyoneering trip offered by a different company so I called them first to see if we could book. Unfortunately, even after two calls, they didn't bother returning my phone call. So we went back to Red River because we knew they could deliver. Carl was extremely helpful in arranging a day of canyoneering and a day of climbing and even gave us a 10% discount for the entire group because we were returning customers! Ian ended up being our guide for both of these trips as well. Ian was tons of fun and made sure that our entire group had a blast. I would highly recommend these guys--as another reviewer mentioned, they know how to deliver on customer service.

1  Thank Melanie347
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Amazing experience! We had an excellent guide, who catered perfectly to both a very nervous first-timer and a more confident amateur. If you want to do canyoneering in Moab, look no further. And don't let their low-key office on the outskirts of Moab put you off. They focus on what's important.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

A friend and I went on the Rock of Ages canyoneering trip with Tiffany as our guide. She was fantastic (make sure to request her!) and the "trail" through the canyons were amazing. There are 3 rappels included along with a variety of scrambling over rocks and squeezing through slots. It was a fantastic way to get off from the beaten path and see some of the backcounty. Adventure of a lifetime!