“Riding/rafting excursion”

Red River Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: No longer simply a rafting company, Red River Adventures is a leader in Moab multi-sport vacations! Don't be fooled by others offering "one stop" shopping only to be shuffled among the true providers once you arrive. We are the only guide service in town that holds permits to guide river, canyoneering, rock climbing, SUP and National Parks trips in house. On land or water our guides can do almost everything. For those trips we can't run ourselves, we've teamed up with some of Moab's best and will let you know, in advance, who will be guiding you. For one day or more we've got something for everyone!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 23, 2013

These guys are great! The customer service was excellent from start to finish. There were some scheduling mishaps and Red River Adventures worked really hard and made sure everything was perfect!

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"rock climbing"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My friends and I booked the 6 hour day trip with these guys in early July. The description does mention that it's family friendly, but that there are decent rapids, cliff jumping, etc. When we got in our boat, we were all pretty disappointed at the Class 2 rapids we were experiencing (and not jumping off of anything). However, the water was great and the scenery is absolutely beautiful.

The guides are mostly all hungover, which didn't bother us but I could see how it might be concerning to families with young children. We had a cooler of beer we brought with us and basically just floated and kicked back. It was a super fun trip, but next time I will pay closer attention to the level of the trip.

4  Thank Lanafromhawaii
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First, of all we did a lot of research booking our adventures in Moab. Initially we choose Red River because they were one of the few that would allow my 4 (almost 5) take a river tour, and they had the highest rating out of those companies. We booked a Fisher Towers full day rafting trip for us and our 4 kids (8,7,6, almost 5). In hindsight, the half day trip is not.even.worth.it. The bus was a tad late and there was a miscommunication with life jackets (on company) but once the bus trip got going I knew it would be fun. Once we unloaded, pottied and got ready to go, we were so excited. We got paired up with Owen. OWEN WAS AWESOME! He was amazing with our kids...amazing! Even after my boys grilled him on his life throughout the day and asked questions all day long. In addition to being so good with the kids, he was organized, helpful, very knowledgable about rafting, and we can tell he is just an all around good guy! All my kids have ranked him their second best friend in the whole world. Now all my kids want to be a river guide! The stop over for lunch was very good...veggie wraps. The rest of the guides seemed helpful but didn't have too much interaction since we were all different rafts, but everyone on trip seemed to have a good time. We were given lots of opportunity to just jump in the river and float. Since we had a party of 6, 4 of them young children, we were in the "oar" raft, which was perfect for us.
We just had the best experience! We will be back and we hope to see our kids best friend, Owen.

Caden, Chase, Quinn, Cooper, Clarke and Dara Brewer

2  Thank fourtohaul
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 13 year old and I took the combined Canyoneering and rafting trip. Hiking and repelling in the morning followed by a simple lunch then rafting the river in the afternoon. It was a HOT early July. Bring plenty of water. Several others had water backpacks. I would highly recommend these as when you repel the crevasse was quite narrow and my bag kept getting in the way. The river was a bit uneventful but refreshing after the heat of the morning.