“Outstanding B & B”

Cuisines: American
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Outstanding B & B”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

We were looking for a nice B & B to celebrate our 48th wedding anniversary while visitng site of Lee's surrender to end Civil War in Appommatax, VA. I saw picture of historic house in Appommatax brochure. I checked their website, called, spoke with Sheila (owner), was very impressed with pictures of rooms, menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and Sheila's willingness to accomadate our need for a 1st floor room and a gluten free menu. Our entire experience was outstanding. The room was beautifully decorated, with a large bathroom. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner - the food and service were excellent. Room and meals are moderately priced. We feel The Babcock House is a must for food and lodging if visiting Appommatax or just traveling through central VA. Treat yourself and spend a day or two here.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank OttandBert

Richmond, Virginia
“Tired and Untrue”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My college roommate and I have been meeting halfway between our respective homes in Roanoke and Midlothian for around 10 years. Appomattox and The Babcock House were the clear choice for a place to meet for lunch. After all, it's the only "game in town" and I believe that the owners are taking advantage of that fact! We stepped away from meeting here because their menu never changes, and we grew pretty tired of it! Unfortunately, we since have been forced to meet in Farmville (far for her) or Lynchburg (far for me). For several reasons, we decided to try this restaurant again. The surroundings are charming in this 150 year old home, the windows bring in much light and the waitress was inexperienced but pleasant and efficient. The owner stopped by to greet us asking if our meal was okay when my friend replied, "I had to ask for tabasco sauce because the Tuscan Chicken Sandwich was tasteless". The owner replied with, "Well, it's everyone else's favorite". She could have said,'Oh, let me take it off your bill' or at least say, 'I'm sorry it wasn't to your liking'. This sandwich was delicious years ago. I had the taco salad which was fine except the sour cream was anything but creamy. It ended up as dollops on the salad. We plan to never return!!

• Visited May 2014
Appomattox, Virginia
“great dinner menu, thursday 2 fers”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

comfortable setting good martinis, generally nice price, very good quality. highly recommend. less expensive than macie ds. sit down, table service with table service! best in Appomattox!

• Visited March 2014
Appomattox, Virginia
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Babcock House Restaurant is located in a beautiful historic bed and breakfast and the restaurant open for lunch and you can also eat dinner their if you make reservations. The lunch menu has salads, excellent sandwiches, soups and daily specials. One of their specials is crab cakes on Thursday and they sell out quickly. The atmosphere is great and the quality of food is excellent. The prices are also very reasonable.

• Visited February 2014