“One Happy Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Potomac Grille

Potomac Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charles Town, West Virginia
“One Happy Family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

Ok, so service is very slow. They would make customers happier if they handed out a free appetizer- say veggies and dip or something. Our waitress was on her feet the whole time, I think they were just understaffed that day. It was a good 45 minutes until we saw our lunch. It was very very good though. I had a chicken and cheese sub with a small salad and the fries are worth coming back for. They are my favorite seasoned crispy ones. The iced tea was good as well which was a relief as Hannah's has served me rancid drinks before so I became quite leery of Harpers Ferry restaurants. There were four other people with me and they were all happy customers. In fact the couple we had visiting returned to Potomac Grille the very next day so that speaks for itself.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great view outside”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Bets view among the HF restaurants. The special cheese steak was really very good. The Greek style wrap was poorly spiced and the sauce did not work with it. Great service. The inside is small and dark, but interesting like a very old bar. Beer only after 1:00 PM on Sunday.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Skipper090
Reston, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View, Good Food, Slow Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

We arrived at the peak of lunchtime and chose a table next to the railing on the outdoor patio. Initially the service was quick and friendly, but they seemed to be out of a lot of staple items. They were out of a couple types of beer, bottled sodas, and all types of bread except wheat. We were able to order the roast beef sandwich on a kaiser bun and payed a small up-charge for fries rather than chips. It took almost 30 minutes to get one roast beef sandwich (that seemed a little excessive for a cold deli sandwich). Even though it was slow, the sandwich was really good and large enough for the two of us to split. The fries were great! The slow service was saved by the good food and the fact that the atmosphere was so nice and relaxing. I would definitely recommend this place, but you might want to go somewhere else if you're in a hurry.

Sanatoga
“Best Reuben for hundreds of miles!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

My wife, son and I had lunch on a Friday afternoon. Didn't expect much from any of the touristy places in town, but were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food! I've gotta say, that the Reuben I ordered was the best Reuben I've had outside of delis in NYC! Tabby, our waitress was quite friendly too!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Joe B
Laurel, Maryland
“Nice view, inconsistent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Overall a pretty good experience, but the meal was marred by a meatloaf-like, dry burger. Onion rings and the special (mozzarella with pesto and spinach on chabatta) were terrific, and the turkey sandwich was "just ok." Lovely view but the crowd eating outside was a bit rowdy that day.

1 Thank FourHappyHikers