If you are picky or expecting upscale, then you won't like this B&B. They are in the middle of some renovations and the smell in our room (Suite 1) was sort of musty. But, we are not picky and we prefer a more laid back environment. We LOVED the deck and the view, we enjoyed meeting new people, we didn't really care for Suite 1 since it seemed dark sort of and had a smell. There are chickens running around outside and the train whistle blows very loud all day and all night long, which we didn't mind. The bathroom in Suite 1 is roomy and the water pressure was good. The decor was very eclectic and old, which we liked. We loved the extremely relaxed environment and the Inn keepers are very nice. The breakfasts were delicious and fresh! We will definately go back but only if we can stay in Suite 2 (which is very nice!) They don't give you any afternoon snacks or anything, which we thought was odd compared to other B&B's we've been too. We liked the location as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage