WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 12 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Very Generous Hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was a great find. The experience exceeded our expectations in almost every way.

I was a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews. However, the owners, Chad and Carrie, must be getting better and better at what they do. I have nothing really negative to say about my stay. They are good people, and ever more generous hosts.

The views from the balcony are some of the best in the town, the rooms are comfortable, and the bananas foster pancakes with fresh chicken eggs were delicious.

The hosts were very generous and went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay and were accommodated in every way. They even offered to lend us their car to repair our bikes which were damaged on the ride up from DC.

Owners seemed willing to let you be as social or as private as you wanted to be.

Overall very good stay. We would definitely recommend. And will certainly repeat.

Room Tip: The trains are loud at night. But that is going to happen anywhere you stay in Harpers Ferry. You ju...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oak Grove, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We totally enjoyed our stay at the Ledge House B&B. It was my first experience with a B&B, and I wasn't sure what to expect. We loved it! It was our honeymoon, and my husband was very happy with the choice we had made. It rained most of the time we were there, but it didn't matter. We can't wait to go back!

Lawrenceburg, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I were travelling to Baltimore and planned to stop in Harpers Ferry on the way. We almost stayed in nearby hotel but am so glad we opted for the B & B experience. We were able to chat with the other guests and had a great time. We were in Suite 1 on the main floor which was very roomy and a nice location.
We did have a hard time finding it as it is tucked away but well worth it; even if your GPS says it isn't there. I believe the owners were away but Kenzie did a magnificent job hosting and the breakfast was yummy.
I would certainly stay there again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed in Suite 2 over the weekend for our 4 year anniversary of dating, we had an incredible view of the rivers & train at Harper's Ferry from our private balcony, along with our own on-suite bathroom & plenty of privacy. We also met 2 other great couples staying at the B&B and got a lot of info from our host about where to eat & what to do in town. The room & bathroom were incredible & clean & I can't imagine a better view. Breakfast was also great!!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank sonicdoll
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Ledge House was such a lovely place for a weekend getaway--I don't even know where to start! First off, the location is ideal--it is situated on a ledge high above the historic lower town of Harper's Ferry, which means that it has spectacular views (including from several spacious decks), a secluded air, and easy access (barely a five minute walk) to the historic lower town of Harper's Ferry with its attendant museums, shops, and restaurants. Second, the accommodations are beyond reproach--our suite was spacious, clean, and well-appointed, and the bed was so comfortable it made it difficult to get up. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the proprietors are lovely people--knowledgeable, helpful, and easy-going--not to mention purveyors of fantastic breakfasts! I'd give the Ledge House six stars if I could.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joe S
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me away to a B&B a few weeks ago, I was secretly horrified (imagining myself sleeping in a room filled with floral wallpaper and Longaberger baskets). Fortunately, this was not the case. In fact, I probably spent a little too much time drooling over the charming yet stylish furniture and decor (the kitchen and living area is stunning). The owner was very friendly and laid back. I also really appreciated the fact that she made a vegetarian-friendly breakfast--a blueberry strata which made me weak in the knees. The rest of the patrons strata was accompanied by bacon to satisfy their meaty desires.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the STUNNING view of the mountains, train, and river. I can't say enough good things about my visit here. It was incredibly romantic and beautiful--definitely a great getaway spot! We are already talking about when we will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the most expensive suite (#2) and it was WELL worth it. I had the opportunity to check...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank val521
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Ledge House is B & B set on a hillside overlooking the river and lower city of Harpers Ferry. The hosts were welcoming and helpful even when we arrived 2 hours after check in due to traffic driving down from Boston. It is a great spot to leave your car and walk down into town, or to Jefferson's Rock - my fiance and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Shepherdstown
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
Lily Garden Bed & Breakfast
#5 of 12 in Harpers Ferry

Been to The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!