This place was a great find. The experience exceeded our expectations in almost every way.
I was a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews. However, the owners, Chad and Carrie, must be getting better and better at what they do. I have nothing really negative to say about my stay. They are good people, and ever more generous hosts.
The views from the balcony are some of the best in the town, the rooms are comfortable, and the bananas foster pancakes with fresh chicken eggs were delicious.
The hosts were very generous and went out of their way to make sure that we enjoyed our stay and were accommodated in every way. They even offered to lend us their car to repair our bikes which were damaged on the ride up from DC.
Owners seemed willing to let you be as social or as private as you wanted to be.
Overall very good stay. We would definitely recommend. And will certainly repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage