“Great price, great view, great hospitality.”

The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 11 Harpers Ferry B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed in Suite 2 over the weekend for our 4 year anniversary of dating, we had an incredible view of the rivers & train at Harper's Ferry from our private balcony, along with our own on-suite bathroom & plenty of privacy. We also met 2 other great couples staying at the B&B and got a lot of info from our host about where to eat & what to do in town. The room & bathroom were incredible & clean & I can't imagine a better view. Breakfast was also great!!! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank sonicdoll

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The Ledge House was such a lovely place for a weekend getaway--I don't even know where to start! First off, the location is ideal--it is situated on a ledge high above the historic lower town of Harper's Ferry, which means that it has spectacular views (including from several spacious decks), a secluded air, and easy access (barely a five minute walk) to the historic lower town of Harper's Ferry with its attendant museums, shops, and restaurants. Second, the accommodations are beyond reproach--our suite was spacious, clean, and well-appointed, and the bed was so comfortable it made it difficult to get up. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the proprietors are lovely people--knowledgeable, helpful, and easy-going--not to mention purveyors of fantastic breakfasts! I'd give the Ledge House six stars if I could.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joe S
Reviewed April 15, 2013

When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me away to a B&B a few weeks ago, I was secretly horrified (imagining myself sleeping in a room filled with floral wallpaper and Longaberger baskets). Fortunately, this was not the case. In fact, I probably spent a little too much time drooling over the charming yet stylish furniture and decor (the kitchen and living area is stunning). The owner was very friendly and laid back. I also really appreciated the fact that she made a vegetarian-friendly breakfast--a blueberry strata which made me weak in the knees. The rest of the patrons strata was accompanied by bacon to satisfy their meaty desires.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the STUNNING view of the mountains, train, and river. I can't say enough good things about my visit here. It was incredibly romantic and beautiful--definitely a great getaway spot! We are already talking about when we will return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the most expensive suite (#2) and it was WELL worth it. I had the opportunity to check...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank val521
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Ledge House is B & B set on a hillside overlooking the river and lower city of Harpers Ferry. The hosts were welcoming and helpful even when we arrived 2 hours after check in due to traffic driving down from Boston. It is a great spot to leave your car and walk down into town, or to Jefferson's Rock - my fiance and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The town of Harper's Ferry is a bit of a museum. Many shops etc. are replicas of a bygone age.

The Ledge House is on the ridge just above the lower town and is a short walk to the Appalachian trail as it intersects the town. The walk down to the town can be on a portion of the Trail as it winds down the hill and by the old church or by a road, which is a bit longer.

Our Suite was large and well designed. A large bath tub, a separate shower just off the sitting room at the entry to the room. The room itself was large and the windows look out to the river valleys below.

Others have commented on the trains, and there are several as the town is the junction of two Rivers and two rail lines. We did not find the trains terribly distracting. And the Views.... just great. See the photos of the snow covered deck. (We did encounter March Snow..)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Such a great way to end a day in harpers ferry, thanks to trip advisor while most restaurants here offer sandwiches and soups Canal House offers great home cooked meals the pork in cider glaze cabbage and potatoes were amazing....the hot jarlsberg cheese and onion appezizer was amazing. The large mug of warm apple cider with our meal on a brisk day hit the spot not to mention the soups. Canal house is on Washington st up the hill worth the walk.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great Bed and Breakfast in Harpers Ferry. Just a 5 minute walk from all the shops and restaurants in the downtown area. The room had a very comfortable king size bed and a great balcony with views overlooking the bridges and rivers below. We stayed for two nights and both breakfasts were amazing. Chad and Carrie (the owners) were very nice and friendly. Over all a great place to spend a weekend!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
#5 of 11 in Harpers Ferry
Stone Manor Boutique Inn
Stone Manor Boutique Inn
#1 of 3 in Lovettsville

Been to The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!