The Ledge House was such a lovely place for a weekend getaway--I don't even know where to start! First off, the location is ideal--it is situated on a ledge high above the historic lower town of Harper's Ferry, which means that it has spectacular views (including from several spacious decks), a secluded air, and easy access (barely a five minute walk) to the historic lower town of Harper's Ferry with its attendant museums, shops, and restaurants. Second, the accommodations are beyond reproach--our suite was spacious, clean, and well-appointed, and the bed was so comfortable it made it difficult to get up. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the proprietors are lovely people--knowledgeable, helpful, and easy-going--not to mention purveyors of fantastic breakfasts! I'd give the Ledge House six stars if I could.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry