The town of Harper's Ferry is a bit of a museum. Many shops etc. are replicas of a bygone age.
The Ledge House is on the ridge just above the lower town and is a short walk to the Appalachian trail as it intersects the town. The walk down to the town can be on a portion of the Trail as it winds down the hill and by the old church or by a road, which is a bit longer.
Our Suite was large and well designed. A large bath tub, a separate shower just off the sitting room at the entry to the room. The room itself was large and the windows look out to the river valleys below.
Others have commented on the trains, and there are several as the town is the junction of two Rivers and two rail lines. We did not find the trains terribly distracting. And the Views.... just great. See the photos of the snow covered deck. (We did encounter March Snow..)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry