We enjoyed our stay at the Ledge House in Room 3, the smallest of the 3 rooms available. It was lovely to lie in bed looking out onto the river gorge and feel the cool mountain air floating in over you from the windows at the head of the bed. However, no one has mentioned the numerous trains that run across the river and through the mountain tunnel in the viewshed of this B&B, including all through the night. The trains are required to sound their horn 3 times at this crossing. It is very loud! Don't expect to sleep through this if you are not used to it--perhaps with the windows closed and a/c running on high-? Otherwise, the house, the host, the view, the food,... all were lovely. Breakfast was hearty, homemade, fresh and the host was willing to accomodate food requests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry