Final impression was very positive, especially for the price. No, this is not a luxourious B&B, but it was clean, well kept, and did afford fantastic views. Also, there were many specials such as a large amount of space and use of the middle level of the house (kitchen, living area, and deck) - the couple running the B&B lives on the lower level. Breakfast was also excellent. It was a very hot day, esp for Oct, but the ceiling fan and A/C in the bedroom (we had the one on the upper floor) kept the room very comfortable.
Hopefully you are reading this review after the one dated Oct. 21. Yes, I also had some contact problems: the written e-mail confirmation was not sent out right away and I was unable to contact them by phone for several days (they were out of town over the weekend and their voice mail filled up). But confirmation was provided, and they were there to welcome us. Yes, a few things had to be requested such as a glass for the bathroom, but the husband and wife were very responsive and considerate.
One other thing: On driving to the B&B, I recommend that you take Gilmore and then Filmore streets off of Washington St and then go down a short but steep hill (get or print a map if possible). If you come in Henry Clay St (there is also a Clay St - don't take that) it is a daunting experience as you initially pass a house with junk cars out front and Henry Clay is so narrow that two cars cannot pass.
If you keep an open mind as I did, you may find this is truely a diamond in the rough and a very special experience. Finally, there is a cat and a dog; since I enjoy pets this was also a positive experience (being a cat person myself, I loved holding the cat in my lap). I am also allergic to too many dogs or cats, but did not experience any allergy problems here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy incredible views of the famous Harpers Ferry Gap from our balconies and decks. Spacious suites with private bathrooms, king sized beds, sitting rooms, and cable. Fire place in the common area. The Ledge House is in Harpers Ferry National Historic Park. Hike the Appalachian Trail, Bike the C&O Canal, Raft the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers. Taste wine country. Inquire about Vacation rentals and short-term rentals. Government per diem honored. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Ledge House Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ledge House & Canal House Cottage Hotel Harpers Ferry
- The Ledge House And Canal House Cottage